Have a question about professional grading Messages in this topic - RSS

michaelro95
michaelro95

11/20/2016

michaelro95
michaelro95
So, I have a whole bunch of comics that I want to sell. I was planning on mostly selling them based on my raw grade. However, there is some comics that I feel would be of outstanding value if I got them graded by a service like CGC. The downside is that it seems sending in comics to be graded and encapsulated costs a lot of money, especially if you are sending in more than one comic. Is professional grading more for the benefit of collectors? Are professionally graded comics easier to sell? And lastly is this something that a novice comic seller should not be looking into? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm new to this site and selling comics. I look forward to getting to know this community smile
0 link
adampasz
adampasz

1/9/2017

adampasz
adampasz
A good rule of thumb is that grade adds about $20 of value to a comic. Of course if it's a comic no one wants, you still won't be able to sell it. Unless you're planning to grade a lot of books 20+, or your books are good condition and high value, it's probably not worth the trouble to get them graded.

As a buyer, I only worry about getting slabbed books if I'm paying 300$ or more. Otherwise, I will usually roll the dice and pick up a raw books from a reputable seller. So you might consider investing in a good scanner and the Overstreet Grading guide instead, and sell your books raw.
edited by adampasz on 1/9/2017
+1 link