Malware Ads / Redirects / Odd URLs Messages in this topic - RSS

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

11/8/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
We are receiving several reports that users are experiencing pop up, redirect, and extra annoying advertisements. These are unintentional and undesired and we are working to resolve this for our users. Yesterday, we rolled out a fix for mobile users so those of you experiencing this issue on iPads and mobile devices should no longer see them.

If you do experience a pop up or a redirect ad, please let us know what page you were browsing when the ad occurred and which internet browser you were using (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc). You can post here, or email me directly at shawn@comicspriceguide.com

Thank you for your patience and sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
+1 link
mnewgas
mnewgas

1/7/2017

mnewgas
mnewgas
Hi Shawn. It appears that the re-directs are starting to occur again as of this morning...
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

1/10/2017

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
I just got one on my iPad. I just turned off JavaScript. I suspect it comes from one of those dummy member accounts that allows them to worm into the system. The last few incarnations of CPG was rife with spammers and such. Hopefully, this planned new site will finally have the security most other sites have been able to attain years ago.
0 link
netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

1/10/2017

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
We've issued a final ultimatum to our ad partner and if this continues, we'll be dropping them altogether. It is inexcusable and I apologize that this is happening. It truly has little to do with our platform, and simply the way ads are served to sites like ours, and is a common problem in the industry. For this particular ad server, it seems more common than our previous one so we'll switch back if we don't get a satisfactory explanation from them today.

What pages are you viewing when you notice the pop ups? The forums, or elsewhere on the site?
edited by netstuffers on 1/10/2017
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

1/12/2017

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Forum
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

1/12/2017

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
I had problems with adds sometime ago but somehow i fixed it. Don't remember how Lol.
For now it's all good...
0 link
rllewis
rllewis

2/1/2017

rllewis
rllewis
I just got a pop-up redirect today - 2/1/17. When I tried to close the browser it sent me to a page that both my Malwarebytes and virus protected stopped the connection.
I had to go into my history and erase the last 4 hours to keep if from happening again

Robert +
0 link
jarhead_84
jarhead_84

2/4/2017

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
Roblox.com just redirected me 4 times in less then a minute, really frustrating

Feb 4, 2017
0 link
jarhead_84
jarhead_84