Marvel's "Color Your Own" series Messages in this topic - RSS

rllewis
rllewis

10/14/2016

rllewis
rllewis
Marvel is continuing to put our Trade Paper Back books in a "Color Your Own" series. I know that there is one for the new (2015) Star Wars, Civil War, Women of Power, and Doctor Strange.
The books are the ink drawings from the actual comic books, and are marketed as coloring books. However, the art they have in these books are some of the best covers and splash pages.

I believe these should be in the price guide since it is 100% comic content. If they are already here, then I cannot find them. If the are not, I think they should be index together as "Color Your Own" and with their titles if it is a title (for example, "Women of Power" is not a title).

Is this a possibility?

Robert Lewis +
0 link
Pacino
Pacino
Administrator

6/10/2021

Pacino
Pacino
Administrator
Ron I see some of these in the system already. Did those just slip through or are we continuing to enter these? My assumption would be to treat them like sketchbooks or activity books and that would be a no...
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

6/10/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
To be entered into the system its supposed to be at least 50% comic story. In the 1.1 million books there are exceptions because we use volunteers, some with tremendous knowledge and others with limited knowledge of our system. I would say no because it's a coloring book and not a story. Although now I do want to own a few of them. smile
Ron
0 link
Pacino
Pacino
Administrator

6/10/2021

Pacino
Pacino
Administrator
Yep...wanting to own is not the question. I'll take 1 of everything people want us to enter. I understand the frustration of wanting to have everything catalogued and valued...I own many of the things we reject...I'd love a catalogue site for that stuff as well as merchandise, promo material, posters etc. Unfortunately though, cataloguing and valuing just comics is a ridiculously large task, so the line has to be drawn somewhere. I know there was talk in the past of adding a feature to track non-comic material for strictly cataloging purposes, but that's probably gone by the wayside with all the other advances the site is focusing on
0 link