NEED HELP WITH COMICS Messages in this topic - RSS

jschmidt002
jschmidt002

10/6/2016

jschmidt002
jschmidt002
I picked up two 1952 Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer comcis and cannot find a price guide on either of them. One has Rudolph with a Black Nose, the other is Red Nose. I will attach pictures. I am interested in seeing why there are two different cover prints.

Thank you!!
Jackie
", "

0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

10/6/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
Just happened to be online.

First - let me say those are seriously cool comics. Since you have two you should immediately send one to me (kidding!)

Second - On CPG often "less is more" in "Search Price Guide"
These comics are listed here
http://comicspriceguide.com/titles/rudolph-the-red-nosed-reindeer/yls

The trick is to search "Rudolph" - no punctuation, no commas, no apostrophes, no dashes etc.
This "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" is a little tricky as apparently is came out only once a year.
Also since red-nosed is hyphenated this makes it more tricky. (no dashes - remember?)

It appears on your 1952 issue came out only with a red nose. Rudolph with a back nose? Really?
Back in the day folks often "helped" the comic color artist by adding they own signature style - if you know what I mean.
Check for ink or pencil on cover with the black nose. YOu may have to look on the interior of the cover for evidence it was colored.

Hope this helps.
KDS
0 link
expander
expander

10/6/2016

expander
expander
+1 the search seems to take some getting used to. It's finicky and easily overwhelmed by to many key words. Very cool Rudolph books though.
0 link