Help Us Feed the CPG Megacomputer Messages in this topic - RSS

Gilgandra
Gilgandra

3/22/2017

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
RocknRollguitarplayer wrote:
GOOD GOD MAN Please approve some artistic guys/gals stuck in the QUE. The Enlightened Age of Comics needs your mutant enhanced finger to hit the approval button! Cool

RnR-GP

I informed Jesse that you put in for been an administrator RnR.
He said he passed you & others on to the comic book gods.Think they are busy with heaps of stuff, Took them a few months to put me on.
0 link
RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer

5/5/2017

Gilgandra wrote:
GOOD GOD MAN Please approve some artistic guys/gals stuck in the QUE. The Enlightened Age of Comics needs your mutant enhanced finger to hit the approval button! Cool

RnR-GP

He said he passed you & others on to the comic book gods.Think they are busy with heaps of stuff, Took them a few months to put me on.
0 link
RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer

5/5/2017

Gilgandra wrote:

RnR-GP

No Big deal, after running a business for many years, I can tell you this CPG group has a great idea and the data base concept is excellent. As far as their abilities to motivate, manage and create perks and so called "Accolades" the "Comic Gods" (as you say) are sub-novice at best. I'm guessing from being extremely busy and the other reason coming from arrogance that comes with some success .
I'm not interested in moderating or adding info to see a number go higher on my personal screen, I did this strictly to enlarge an information balance sheet for the next generation of comic enthusiasts. I will use this fine site to manage comics as I originally intended.
Happy Cinco de Mayo...Adios
0 link
RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer

6/18/2017

Aloha and Happy Father's Day to any Fathers. I am glad the site and those involved are enjoying commercial success. However, as I traverse the site to do some work I see not only information errors (WE all make at times) but some are actually getting APPROVED. Listen I am a big comic enthusiast and when I see bunk info its like hearing a Guitar out of tune. Just a Heads UP! Have a good one
0 link
Sidris
Sidris

6/22/2017

Sidris
Sidris
I've got a couple of gripes. First I applied to be a volunteer site administrator, I believe, back in January and I have not heard anything about my application or if it was even received.
Lastly, as RocknRollguitarplayer said three months ago creators need to be approved, when I applied to be a volunteer site administrator I said I would want to help approve creators. Specifically though as of tomorrow the Wonder Woman movie will have been out for three weeks in the US, but Wonder Woman's creators William Moulton Marston (writer) and Harry G. Peter (artist) are not available, though they are in the que to be approved. How is it that one of the three mainstays of DC comics and the most well known female super hero not have her creator's confirmed and listed. I figured that with the Wonder Woman movie bringing Wonder Woman so much into the public spotlight that her creators would be approved, I guess not, hopefully they will soon be approved as are all of the other creators that are stuck in limbo waiting for approval.
Sidris
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

6/22/2017

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Aloha and Happy Father's Day to any Fathers. I am glad the site and those involved are enjoying commercial success. However, as I traverse the site to do some work I see not only information errors (WE all make at times) but some are actually getting APPROVED. Listen I am a big comic enthusiast and when I see bunk info its like hearing a Guitar out of tune. Just a Heads UP! Have a good one

RocknRoll can you say which errors you've seen, I may be able to change or fix them.
Are you saying Creators or prices or Stories.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

6/22/2017

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Sidris wrote:
I've got a couple of gripes. First I applied to be a volunteer site administrator, I believe, back in January and I have not heard anything about my application or if it was even received.
Lastly, as RocknRollguitarplayer said three months ago creators need to be approved, when I applied to be a volunteer site administrator I said I would want to help approve creators. Specifically though as of tomorrow the Wonder Woman movie will have been out for three weeks in the US, but Wonder Woman's creators William Moulton Marston (writer) and Harry G. Peter (artist) are not available, though they are in the que to be approved. How is it that one of the three mainstays of DC comics and the most well known female super hero not have her creator's confirmed and listed. I figured that with the Wonder Woman movie bringing Wonder Woman so much into the public spotlight that her creators would be approved, I guess not, hopefully they will soon be approved as are all of the other creators that are stuck in limbo waiting for approval.
Sidris

Sidris all i know is they are busy with the upgrade (I asked Shadow) & haven't been active on the boards in ages.
You know about as much as i do.
I would love for you & RocknRoll among others to jump on board to help, Just have to wait & see i suppose.
0 link
jarhead_84
jarhead_84

6/22/2017

jarhead_84
jarhead_84

Sidris, I agree but at the same time, who has WW #1 laying around to confirm the creators are accurate? Don't get me wrong, I know it should be common knowledge for most of the big ones, Supes, Batman, WW, Spidey etc, but unless someone has actually put in the info, then nothing will be approved. Superman "creators" only did so much before another artist took over, and up until sites like this come about, there was no real "data base" for any of us. I, as an admin dude, go in and look and try to approve what I can, after looking at several data bases to try and confirm the accuracy of the info, if I am not 100% sure I pass on it. This site will get better as time goes on and as we get more collectors involved, plus, there is a LOT of new data that gets added every month, new issues, new artist, prices, dates so on and so forth, that the few who actually run the site can be easily over whelmed. (psst, I am looking to retire from the military, looking for a job!) lol But I do try to help and approve what I know I can verify, besides, this is a hobby (albeit, an expensive one, according to my wife!) so I am just glad I have some place to organize and catalog my collection!

Ben
Sidris
+2 link
RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer

6/25/2017

jarhead_84 wrote:

Sidris, I agree but at the same time, who has WW #1 laying around to confirm the creators are accurate? Don't get me wrong, I know it should be common knowledge for most of the big ones, Supes, Batman, WW, Spidey etc, but unless someone has actually put in the info, then nothing will be approved. Superman "creators" only did so much before another artist took over, and up until sites like this come about, there was no real "data base" for any of us. I, as an admin dude, go in and look and try to approve what I can, after looking at several data bases to try and confirm the accuracy of the info, if I am not 100% sure I pass on it. This site will get better as time goes on and as we get more collectors involved, plus, there is a LOT of new data that gets added every month, new issues, new artist, prices, dates so on and so forth, that the few who actually run the site can be easily over whelmed. (psst, I am looking to retire from the military, looking for a job!) lol But I do try to help and approve what I know I can verify, besides, this is a hobby (albeit, an expensive one, according to my wife!) so I am just glad I have some place to organize and catalog my collection!

Ben
Sidris
0 link
RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer

6/25/2017

Give SIDRIS a Hell Yeah! This is a classic example of Success and growing pains that are actually starting to impede the progress of correct information flow. YOU guys/gods? have good people that are working for free to better the valuation of this site and the future of the the comic book time capsule. THE gOD'S Need to wake the "F" up even if they are busy (the fact they have a god label is concerning enough) or what may possibly happen, as the "JOKER" so eloquently has stated..."When You are good at Something NEVER do it for Free" could become reality! Many of us sitting in the Ether eager to help may find motivation is at a premium if the comic gODS are not worthy!
edited by rocknrollguitarplayer on 6/25/2017
0 link
RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer

6/25/2017

Gilgandra wrote:

RocknRoll can you say which errors you've seen, I may be able to change or fix them.
Are you saying Creators or prices or Stories.
0 link
RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer

6/26/2017

• There are stories that need repair or deleting
  • There are dates that are incorrect
  • There are artists etc etc that need repair
  • OBVIOUSLY many are stuck in the Que too as you know
I will start writing them down when I use this fine data base! Listen I'm not tryin to create Anarchy here but I have had limited response to my enthusiasm(and it looks like i'm not alone) When I analyze books, I cross reference to see if Info is correct and have found some idiosyncrasies. Like I said if I had the Church key to repair or send it to a moderator for quick approval I would do so. This is a great Data Base and it needs to be here with as much CORRECT info as possible for the next enthusiast to follow... Like I have said WE ALL make mistakes when imputing but it would be in the COMIC-gODS best interest to have some of us apostles on their team.
+2 link
RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer

8/8/2017

Metal Men #54 has incorrect Artist (Ross Andru) SHOULD BE "Joe Staton", Inker (Mike Esposito) SHOULD BE "Joe Staton" and Writer (Robert Kanigher) SHOULD BE "Gerry Conway". I fixed but cannot remove the wrong information. There are more like this I run in to. If you want to get me a Church key I clean the fish tank when I'm doing some CPG work.

Thanks

RnR-GP
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

8/8/2017

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Fixed, Thanks.
0 link
solarno
solarno

1/19/2018

solarno
solarno
A question about approving published dates...
Should the published date reflect what a books indicia states, or when it could actually be purchased? In verifying dates for the Megacomputer, I've come across cases where the indicia date is one or to months AFTER the date I know I purchased the book from my local shop. After giving one book a Nope and seeing the negative points I figured I'd ask for confirmation as to which date should be used. I'd hate to unnecessarily give a user negative points because of this data disconnect. For a future improvement, can this clarification be stated on the Details page so users know which date to use when submitting missing data?

Cheers!
Jim
0 link
solarno
solarno

1/19/2018

solarno
solarno
And a second Megacomputer related data question (along with a suggestion) for issues with variant covers...
When adding Cover Artist info should one stick to the artist(s) for the specific issue you are looking at?

The suggestion... Is it possible to copy and paste the main creator data between variant issues? It can be quite cumbersome to have to re-add all of the individual creator datum for variants and multiple printings.

Cheers!
Jim
0 link
Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator

1/20/2018

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
The published date is the date in the indicia, which is not necessarily the on-sale date. Marvel and DC's indicia dates are two months ahead of the on-sale date.
Use the cover date if there is no indicia date. If there is no cover or indicia date, use the on-sale date. Dynamite is a prime example of the latter... no indicia date
or cover date.

Jesse
+1 link
solarno
solarno

1/20/2018

solarno
solarno
ohs69grad wrote:
The published date is the date in the indicia, which is not necessarily the on-sale date. Marvel and DC's indicia dates are two months ahead of the on-sale date.
Use the cover date if there is no indicia date. If there is no cover or indicia date, use the on-sale date. Dynamite is a prime example of the latter... no indicia date
or cover date.

Jesse

Many thanks for the clarification Jesse.
Cheers!
Jim
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

9/6/2018

kds_comics
kds_comics
Added a few Gilberton "Classic Illustrated" covers yesterday. I just picked up these comics.
I did have a hard time finding artist and writers - O'Rourke and Blum were two of them. Added to the queue.

KDS

Enjoy!!
0 link
Konungrcomics
Konungrcomics

9/6/2018

Konungrcomics
Konungrcomics
I've been feeding, and feeding, but seem to have hit a log jam...
0 link