Batman from the 30's to the 70's....Help! Messages in this topic - RSS

percybspencer
percybspencer

9/8/2016

percybspencer
percybspencer
Greetings,

I recently purchased a box of comics for around $100, It was actually a pretty good lot as it contained two nice copies of Man of Steel #18 and 2 Platinum SM #75.

My question is this hardbound book from 1971 called Batman from the 30's to the 70's. I cant seem to find the proper info that i require. I've seen it listed on ebay panywher from $30-$350! I have been able to learn that there are multiple editions based on year it was published. Mine is a first edition from 1971.

If any one can help me identify the true value of this book, i would be very happy,

Thank you.
0 link
anstettoman
anstettoman

9/15/2016

anstettoman
anstettoman
unsure about the "true value" as its up to any individual but I find lonestar comics (we buy comics) an easy site to use
here is a link for the book you are talking about

http://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics/record?TID=632431

in NM they are offering $16 (but are extremely tough on grading..when they buy). you could try to list on ebay with a minimum bid of
2x what they are offering and see what happens though nice pick up on the other 2 by the way
0 link
percybspencer
percybspencer

9/16/2016

percybspencer
percybspencer
Thank you for the info, Everything I've seen on ebay, amazon and a few other sites have this book all over the place in terms of value.

My main concern is putting it up for auction and not getting true value.

Another problem seems to be the fact that there are multiple editions and that not being specified in listings.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

9/16/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Well if worried of not getting the money you think it is worth don't put on auction below what you think it is worth. Simple.
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

9/25/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Keep in mind too that hard covers and trades appeal only to a small market and that it can be hard to get an accurate gauge on prices since those few people have differing assessments on the value of a book.
0 link