Don't breathe Messages in this topic - RSS

colbalt91
colbalt91

8/24/2016

colbalt91
colbalt91
At first I had some trepidation about seeing this movie because it had received a bunch of praise at some obscure film festivals, and normally no film ever lives up to word of mouth or the critics' glowing reviews. That is because I feel that the audience roots for the small guy or underdog and 'overlikes' a film. That is not the case for the movie "Don't Breathe." This film lives up to everything that has been heard or whispered. In fact, upon seeing this film I do not think there are enoug accolades that can be said about " Don't Breathe."
The one bad thing about trying to write a review for this type of film is that someone will yell spoiler. I will then simply say that the basic plot of this movie is that some bad people meet an even badder person.
One of the main characters is played by Jane Levy, who has blonde hair in this film. I later recognized her as the young teenage high school girl from the television series "Suburgatory." She had a head of red hair then. I sort of half liked the series as I felt she seemed too mature to play a young high-school girl. At the same time I felt that Jeremy Sisto, who played her father, seemed too young to play his role. I had remembered him from his younger days in some horror movies that he never made it halfway through before meeting a horrendous end.
Everyone has heard that cliche about being 'on the edge of your seat.' Well, for this movie that is exactly the phrase that is best to describe what will happen to an audience member throughout the entire film. There is no letdown. You will be on the edge of your seat. I, myself, had thought I had become too jaded from seeing so many movies, but "Don't Breathe" proved me wrong.
"Don't Breathe" is a movie that I cannot recommend enough. Definitely go out and see this film. You will not be disappointed.
edited by colbalt91 on 8/24/2016
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

8/24/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Well I disagree about critics and their reviews. But I hardly ever base my movie viewing on their reviews. I have enjoyed many movies critics have loved as well as been underwhelmed by some too. Generally I don't bother with the majority of horror and comedy movies in the theatre because most are just cookie cutter drek. I much prefer classic paranormal horror that isn't heavy on CGI and gore. Found film is also getting tedious. Since I have become so particular I just skip theatre showings and wait for them to show up on movie channels. (Most comedy is just freaking awful and so I won't pay to see it)
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

9/4/2016

colbalt91
colbalt91
I see that "Don't Breathe" is going to come in for the second week in a row at number one at the box office.
0 link