Suicide Squad Messages in this topic - RSS

colbalt91
colbalt91

8/3/2016

colbalt91
colbalt91
This movie starts out looking good. Sort of reminds me of the Lee Marvin in "The Dirty Dozen" war movie from the sixties. Villains are recruited to do good deeds whenever they are needed. Then because there are so many characters it starts to wobble with all the complicated interactions. Will Smith as Deadshot and Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn try to be the main focus. When these two interact the movie seems to move forward solidly. When it breaks away to the other characters the movie is not so solid, as many of these characters' motivations have not been made clear. The movie travels like this until the very end.
I remember reading that at the San Diego Con, a trailer for "Suicide Squad" was shown with Harley Quinn's shorts being much skimpier due to CGI than in the movie, but by looking at her shorts in this film I did not see how they could be much skimpier and not have that trailer be X-rated.
There is a nice soundtrack(despite Kanye West somehow getting a song into it), and Viola Davis, as Amanda Waller, certainly aids "Suicide Squad" as a no-nonsense type of leader behind the scenes. There is an additional scene in the middle of the ending credits, so you may want to stick around.
I will say this for the fans of the movie... the line of people that came out to see this preview was the longest line I have seen in over a year for a movie. Unfortunately, probably half, did not get in. This portends a blockbuster opening.
0 link
lealew7
lealew7

8/15/2016

lealew7
lealew7
I have to say, i was a huge fan of this movie, mostly due to the fact that I've always been an independent comic brand follower or leaned more towards Marvel......I have to say that this is my favorite DC movie so far. I am definitely looking forward to seeing how much more bad ass Aquaman can finally besmile I loved loved loved Jared Leto as the Joker, he is now one of the tops in my book, but that doesn't help that i was already a music and actor fan of JL to begin with Big Grin
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

8/16/2016

colbalt91
colbalt91
I once went to a 30 Seconds To Mars concert and afterwards the group came out to sign and I got Jared Leto's autograph on my CD and autograph book. The whole group signed in symbols rather than their own signature, so it was his symbol I got rather than his autograph. It was so long ago that Jared Leto was not as famous as he is now even though he had made some films. I just kept staring at him trying to think of where I had seen him before. Later, when I saw another one of his movies, I realized he was also an actor.
0 link
lealew7
lealew7

8/16/2016

lealew7
lealew7
LOL, my so called life was fantastic when i was a teensmile i loved him in Requiem for a dream as wellsmile and yes, i am also a 30 seconds to mars fan as well. he did a great job as the joker, and i am all into Harley more now than ever.
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

8/24/2016

colbalt91
colbalt91
Last Wednesday I went to see another movie at the Metropolitan movie theater here in Austin, Texas and I noticed that three large/huge buses pulled up to the movie theater and just stood waiting. After a while the University of Texas Longhorns football team came out wearing civilian clothes and filled up the buses. The coach was also there and some regular people got his autograph and posed with him for pictures. After the team had left someone went inside and asked why they were there and someone inside said that had come to see "Suicide Squad" in order to see how a group of people could pull themselves together as a team. During the last two years this Longhorn football team has had some dismal seasons, so I guess, the coaches we're hoping to have this team have a good year by watching "Suicide Squad." Anyway, as an after effect of this, it is just possible the University of Texas football team helped "Suicide Squad" maintain its ranking as the number one movie for the third consecutive week.
edited by colbalt91 on 8/24/2016
edited by colbalt91 on 8/24/2016
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

8/24/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
I thought it was okay. My friend loved it but I wasn't as impressed Leto wasn't bad but wasn't good either. Still can't stand the look for the Joker in this movie. The story was still a bit too typical for me. Robbie was great and as was the woman who played Waller. Other than Deadshot I am not too familiar with the the other characters so they really were just seat holders to me. Smith was acceptable as Deadshot. I was disappoint Katana didn't have more of a role. There was some disjointed parts, likely due to editing out the Joker crud. They needed to polish up a bit but like BvS they kinda just hacked out the bits and left it as is.
0 link