- Mile High Comics
- Dave and Adams
- wwcomics.com
- Anthony's Comic book art
- Retro Rocket Comics
- www.sellmycomicbooks.com
- www.totalcomicmayhem.com
- www.comics.org

I've concluded that silver age DC comics; specifically Green Lantern, Flash, Action Comics and Adventure Comics and silver age Marvel titles; Tales to Astonish, Tales of Suspense and Strange Tales appear to be completely undervalued and ripe for a price explosion. Of the titles mentioned I'm not talking about the high profile key books but rather the more minor key books.

I picked up many higher grade (Fine+ to VF) Green Lantern books (#23 - #49) for about $20 each including shipping. Also, a couple of Flash books (#122 - #140)mid grades for about the same price.

I feel these silver age key books should be commanding much higher prices. Does anyone agree or disagree or have any insights?

Thanks!
edited by genuine_article_comics on 8/1/2016
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

8/11/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Perhaps they should be but despite the prominence in the DCU now that these characters have that has never translated to the older material. There are plenty of books/titles that should command more money based on several factors but they just don't. For example, even though Wonder Woman v.1 prices have gone up and some issues significantly, they still do not command all that much despite the extreme scarcity of copies in a solid VG and better of the run between 45/6 and 1961. Heck most DC titles are hard to find in nice shape in this period and generally command multiples of guide and yet are never reflected in the guide and, IMHO, for how hard they are to find considerably cheaper than they should be. But hey, I wish all my book were worth millions. That just isn't going to happen. 90% or more of what is ever released is going to appreciate very slowly. Most of the money is going to be thrown at the major keys, minor keys, and the major super heroes. The rest is are mostly going to be stuck in the mire.
0 link
genuinearticlecomics
genuinearticlecomics

8/11/2016

But that's an anomaly that shouldn't be in my opinion. I agree with everything you stated, especially "......despite the extreme scarcity of copies in a solid VG and better of the run between 45/6 and 1961. Heck most DC titles are hard to find in nice shape in this period and generally command multiples of guide and yet are never reflected in the guide and, IMHO, for how hard they are to find considerably cheaper than they should be.....".

I'm trying to make sense of something that doesn't make sense to me. Why are these scarce comics of characters we all love, during a time where comics are arguably facing unprecedented popularity, not worth more?
They should be!
Make it happen!
;-)

But in all seriousness, I can't imagine these books not exploding in the future. It may be 20 years down the line but it wouldn't make sense to me if they didn't.
edited by genuinearticlecomics on 8/11/2016
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

8/11/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
I think if more was made about the scarcity and someone was willing to pay prices for some of the non-keys that catch the attention of the community as whole things may change. People pay attention to the bottom line far more than they are willing to admit.
0 link
pthomas2010
pthomas2010

8/11/2016

pthomas2010
pthomas2010
Any book can become hot currently if it introduces somebody who shows up in a movie. It's really crazy.
See selling prices for Avengers 223 & 257, Incredible Hulk 271, Batman Adventures 12, among others.
0 link