CGC Turnaround Time? Messages in this topic - RSS

BburgDaddy-o
BburgDaddy-o

7/28/2016

BburgDaddy-o
BburgDaddy-o
Has anyone here recently gotten their books back from CGC? What was your turnaround time on it? They received my submission on 5/27 and the site still says they are "scheduled for grading." Thanks!

Sent in:
  • 1st Issue Special #8
  • The Killing Joke
  • John Byrne's Next Men #21
  • Nova #1
  • Savage She-Hulk #1
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

7/31/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
They give their TATs here:

https://www.cgccomics.com/services/services.aspx?index=true

12-15 weeks it looks like.
edited by Oxbladder on 7/31/2016
0 link
BburgDaddy-o
BburgDaddy-o

8/2/2016

BburgDaddy-o
BburgDaddy-o
Oh geez.

Thanks.
0 link
BburgDaddy-o
BburgDaddy-o

9/2/2016

BburgDaddy-o
BburgDaddy-o
Today, books are finally graded and en route back to me!
+1 link
Cosmos Comics
Cosmos Comics

10/8/2016

Cosmos Comics
Cosmos Comics
I submitted 20 books grading that were received by CGC on July 27, 2016. At the time their website said the turnaround time for Modern era books was 60 days. Hence I was expecting the grading process to at LEAST be underway by the end of September. When 9/27/16 came and went with no change in the status of my order I contacted CGC and asked what the status of my order was.

They told me that their turnaround time for Modern era books was currently 120 days and that they expected to have them "in the grading room and prepped for grading" sometime in October and that the books would probably ship toward the end of November. I went back to their website to confirm the turnaround time that was being advertised. It then (as now) says the turnaround time for Modern era books is 80 days.

When I pointed out to them that the turnaround time was listed on their site as 60 days at the time I submitted my books and that the site now stated the turnaround time was 80 days, and that BOTH are considerably shorter periods of time than 120 days, they ceased to respond to my emails.

I am far less than pleased with their service and feel strongly that the collecting community needs to bring pressure to bear on the company to compel them to improve their customer service and to deal with their customers in a more honest and forthright manner.

They seem to have plenty of time to show up at every Comic Con in the country taking in more and more submissions...perhaps they should attend to the orders they already have before worrying about drumming up more business?

I run my own highly successful consulting business in which I contract with more than 200 clients every year for services that range in cost from a few hundred to tens of thousand of dollars. When I commit to a deadline for delivering my work they expect the work to be delivered by that deadline, not 2 or 3 months after the deadline.

In the 10% of the cases where we cannot meet the deadline, we take the initiative by contacting the client BEFORE the deadline to inform them of the status of their project at which time we explain to them WHY we cannot meet the deadline.

When dealing with CGC get the distinct feeling that I am dealing with a bunch of comic book geeks that don't have the slightest idea of how to run a business. What they need is some serious competition, which would force them to either improve their business model or go out of business.
+2 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

10/8/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Maybe next time you will use CBCS instead of the dreaded CGC.
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

10/9/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Yeah they have competition. The competition is behind too, 11weeks turnaround for modern right now but fast pass is about 4 weeks though it costs 9 dollars more.
0 link
joelej2190
joelej2190

12/12/2016

joelej2190
joelej2190
Cosmos Comics wrote:
I submitted 20 books grading that were received by CGC on July 27, 2016. At the time their website said the turnaround time for Modern era books was 60 days. Hence I was expecting the grading process to at LEAST be underway by the end of September. When 9/27/16 came and went with no change in the status of my order I contacted CGC and asked what the status of my order was.

They told me that their turnaround time for Modern era books was currently 120 days and that they expected to have them "in the grading room and prepped for grading" sometime in October and that the books would probably ship toward the end of November. I went back to their website to confirm the turnaround time that was being advertised. It then (as now) says the turnaround time for Modern era books is 80 days.

When I pointed out to them that the turnaround time was listed on their site as 60 days at the time I submitted my books and that the site now stated the turnaround time was 80 days, and that BOTH are considerably shorter periods of time than 120 days, they ceased to respond to my emails.

I am far less than pleased with their service and feel strongly that the collecting community needs to bring pressure to bear on the company to compel them to improve their customer service and to deal with their customers in a more honest and forthright manner.

They seem to have plenty of time to show up at every Comic Con in the country taking in more and more submissions...perhaps they should attend to the orders they already have before worrying about drumming up more business?

I run my own highly successful consulting business in which I contract with more than 200 clients every year for services that range in cost from a few hundred to tens of thousand of dollars. When I commit to a deadline for delivering my work they expect the work to be delivered by that deadline, not 2 or 3 months after the deadline.

In the 10% of the cases where we cannot meet the deadline, we take the initiative by contacting the client BEFORE the deadline to inform them of the status of their project at which time we explain to them WHY we cannot meet the deadline.

When dealing with CGC get the distinct feeling that I am dealing with a bunch of comic book geeks that don't have the slightest idea of how to run a business. What they need is some serious competition, which would force them to either improve their business model or go out of business.
0 link
joelej2190
joelej2190

12/12/2016

joelej2190
joelej2190
I too deal with the public and deadline's are deadline's and I set the expectation with my clients that their merchandise will be ready by that deadline and if I come in early they're pleasantly surprised. If I run behind I contact them with an apology and revised delivery date. It's inexcusable to ignore your email's and is very poor customer service. It's difficult enough to entrust our prized comics to complete strangers but to avoid your messages must make your blood pressure rise. I know mine would. Thank you for sharing your message and now I know what to expect when submitting my comics should I decide to do so to CGC.
0 link