pricing and grading comics Messages in this topic - RSS

mikelg1608
mikelg1608

7/20/2016

mikelg1608
mikelg1608
How do I get my comics graded and valued for my personal knowledge of what the values are of my comics
0 link
robotcat
robotcat

7/20/2016

robotcat
robotcat
You might find someone at a local comic shop willing to do it for a price or you can learn to grade yourself.

Here are two web pages on grading:
http://comicspriceguide.com/comic-book-grading
http://www.mycomicshop.com/help/grading

Keep in mind that comics may only have 1 of the flaws listed for the highest grade section not 1 of each.
Then maybe 2 or 3 for the next highest, then a few more for the next, and so on.
With the lower grades having a larger allotment and increased variety of types of damage.

Don't expect to grasp everything about grading overnight.
It may take years depending on how often you grade and how many comics you grade.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

7/20/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Or pay a lot per book to be graded by a third party grading company like cbcs. See link:
https://www.cbcscomics.com
edited by Jokerbangedquinn on 7/20/2016
0 link
Itosukai
Itosukai

11/15/2016

Itosukai
Itosukai
New guy here, question about grading services.
Does anyone know of a service in Canada? I recently sent an Amazing Spider-man #300 for grading to CGC. It cost me $17CAD to send the box (1 comic only), and they are charging $60USD ($80+CAD) to ship it back.
Between the exchange rate and these services making money off of the shipping, I wonder if anyone may have heard of a grading service in Canada?

Thanks all
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

11/15/2016

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Itosukai wrote:
Does anyone know of a service in Canada? I recently sent an Amazing Spider-man #300 for grading to CGC. It cost me $17CAD to send the box (1 comic only), and they are charging $60USD ($80+CAD) to ship it back.
Between the exchange rate and these services making money off of the shipping, I wonder if anyone may have heard of a grading service in Canada?

Thanks all

There is a grading company called 60 Day Comic Grading in Canada but I think your best bet would be to find a local comic shop in Canada ( like Paradise Comics) that ship their comics out monthly to get graded. That would save you some money and still be being graded by a well accepted company.
0 link
Itosukai
Itosukai

11/15/2016

Itosukai
Itosukai
rixmaxx wrote:
Itosukai wrote:

Thanks all

There is a grading company called 60 Day Comic Grading in Canada but I think your best bet would be to find a local comic shop in Canada ( like Paradise Comics) that ship their comics out monthly to get graded. That would save you some money and still be being graded by a well accepted company.

I shall look into that, never occured to me. Thanks for the info and tip !!
0 link
tronjavolta
tronjavolta

11/17/2016

tronjavolta
tronjavolta
I'm also interested in having some of my collection graded. Do most comic-book stores offer this service? I am in Australia and not sure if that has any bearing on this or not. Cheers!
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

11/17/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
tronjavolta wrote:
I'm also interested in having some of my collection graded. Do most comic-book stores offer this service? I am in Australia and not sure if that has any bearing on this or not. Cheers!

Where in Australia are you? I'm in NSW.

The bigger stores may help you with a professional grading service like CBCS or CGC in America, Meaning they may send your books to the states to get slabbed (graded) for a price with there own books.

Here in Australia there is only one other grading service for comic books called Halo Certification located in Queensland http://www.halocertificationptyltd.com/ Not saying they are bad at all, They are getting better at it & i may just use them in the future. look out for them at Con's throughout the country like Supernova...

Hope to see you there in Sydney next year.
+1 link
tronjavolta
tronjavolta

11/17/2016

tronjavolta
tronjavolta
Cheers for the info Gilgandra!
I'm currently down the South Coast at Ulladulla at the mo. S'funny, I've been collecting for over 20 years and never been to a con before. I was just saying to the missus the other day it would be a righteous turnout and we should give one a crack. Been getting into my collection again after years and this is the first time I've mixed up on a comic site. A lot more chilled out vibe than most other type of message-boards I've been on.
Anyhow, thanks for the shout mate. See you around the traps ace!
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

11/18/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
tronjavolta wrote:
Cheers for the info Gilgandra!
I'm currently down the South Coast at Ulladulla at the mo. S'funny, I've been collecting for over 20 years and never been to a con before. I was just saying to the missus the other day it would be a righteous turnout and we should give one a crack. Been getting into my collection again after years and this is the first time I've mixed up on a comic site. A lot more chilled out vibe than most other type of message-boards I've been on.
Anyhow, thanks for the shout mate. See you around the traps ace!

Ulladulla, that's a nice place to be, Never been there but maybe one day.
It's been said before that it's better here on CPG then most other forums Lol.
I too only went to my first Con. 2 years ago (Supernova) in Sydney. It was most awesome & yes i've been collecting since 94'.
Met some cos players dressed as Robocop & Monkey Magic. It was like i was a kid again.
Go to one, You don't have to dress up & you won't regret it.

Go to the simple stalls with the acres of comics that seem cheap as chips. Take a list of 20+ books that you want (ones at a reasonable price Lol) & hunt for them.
As an example: I found Captain Atom #42 (1st App: Death of the endless in the DC continuity, Outside DC/Vertigo) for $2. It predates Action Comics #894 Look it up.

Have fun & keep in touch, Start a back issue thread if you you like. Hope to here from you again.
edited by Gilgandra on 11/18/2016
+1 link