A question about Variant covers Messages in this topic - RSS

Pmacrowley
Pmacrowley

7/2/2016

Pmacrowley
Pmacrowley
Hey all
New to collecting comics and picked up a the variant copy of Steve Roger-Captain America issue #2 I looked it up on here and on the page that popped up to it said 1 of 25. My question is are there 25 different types of covers art or did I get super lucky and get 1 of only 25 that marvel released? Thanks for your help.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

7/2/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
I means for every 25 issues with the regular cover, there is one issue with the alternate cover.
It is a measure of the quantity of issues with that cover compared to regular cover.
+1 link
lealew7
lealew7

7/7/2016

lealew7
lealew7
YOU WILL NOTICE NOW A DAYS THAT THERE WILL BE NUMEROUS VARIANT COVERS TO JUST ABOUT ANYTHINGupset NOT ALWAYS A GOOD THING IN MY OPINION, BUT IT DOES OFFER PEOPLE THE CHANCE TO COLLECT THE DIFFERENT COVERS. LIKE WITH MY "THE WALKING DEAD ISSUE 100, I HAVE 12 VARIANT COVERS OUT OF THE 15/17 VARIANT COVERS OUT THERE.
0 link
gregbrookins
gregbrookins

7/8/2016

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
They have been releasing several regular variants, different covers at the same standard release, then they offer retailer incentive covers. The more the retailer orders, the more/better variants they get, and they can price them how they want. 1:10, 1:15, 1:25, 1:50, 1:100, 1:200 etc. Then there are limited retailer covers, like the recent black and white party cover of Civil War II 1. It was released only as 1 issuer per comic shop. The release ratio affects the value naturally, but only really worth what people will pay.

As a go to, you can always search ebay for completed listings to see what a given book is moving at.
+1 link
wchever
wchever

7/9/2016

wchever
wchever
I tend to use Completed Listings on EBay exactly as Greg described. There are also comic shop and comic convention exclusive variants. Take a look at the New 52 Batman image this blogger put together -

-IƱigo

Of course, he's still missing a few. The entire 23-dot villian series, in 2D and 3D motion lenticular.

Bill
edited by wchever on 7/9/2016
0 link