comicbookpriceguide drives me nuts. MISSING ISSUES Messages in this topic - RSS

videogamenerd13
videogamenerd13

6/17/2016

videogamenerd13
videogamenerd13
Hello fellow awesomers. I imagine the owners and the computer techs of comicbookpriceguide are to busy to add TONS of missing issues. Also it seems that they cannot seem to add a button that actually works to "REPORT MISSING ISSUE". Nor do they respond to my emails. Nor is it really right to put advertisements on a paid site. Anyways, not sure if its the browser I am using (EDGE) but my gawd is this a waste of time looking for some of these books.. A better algorithm to bring up like titles in a better way would really save some people some time. Apostrophe's really? If I miss that it doesn't work?

Do any of you good people know how to find

SKYBOUND 5TH anniversary books from SDCC 2015. They released a box of 10 books at the con. They sold 500 of them I believe. They are all variant #1 covers for Birthright, Clone, Ghosted, Invincibles, Manifest destiny, outcast, super dino, thief of thieves, walking dead and witch doctor. Also 1 out of every 25 boxes (or something) contained the black and white RARER variants.

Next

BLOODSTRIKE #1 SDCC 2015 EXCLUSIVE
BATMAN #50 WONDERCON EXCLUSIVE
SUPERMAN #50 WONDERCON EXCLUSIVE
WONDERMAN #50 WONDERCON EXCLUSIVE
SEPTEMBER MOURNING #1 (TOP COW) WONDERCON EXCLUSIVE
CIRCUIT BREAKER #1 WONDERCON EXCLUSIVE

There are plenty more but I will start here. I've wasted enough time searching for these. If anyone can produce answers I will provide super invisible high fives that happen so fast you wont believe they're real!!!!!!! Thanks for helping a frustrated nerd out.
-1 link
stevegreer1
stevegreer1

6/21/2016

stevegreer1
stevegreer1
Dude, I can understand your frustration and all, but take into consideration the sheer number of comics there are out there in the world and realize just how many this site actually has listed... and has cover scans for. All the comics you listed as missing are comicon exclusive editions with very limited runs. I think it's safe to say that the staff at this site does not have the time and resources available to attend every single comicon and buy copies (or take photos of the covers at least) of every single exclusive edition comic out there. If you have copies of those then do the staff a solid and scan the covers and send it to them and then provide them with enough info to add them into the database.

As for the other things you mentioned, I'm sure the techs are hard at work trying to fix all the bugs in the database. The best we can all do is just be patient and not get frustrated with them. As far as browsers go, I personally avoid Edge like the plague as I find it to be only a moderate step up from IE. I use Chrome and FireFox and don't have many issues at all.
+2 link
connorstrt
connorstrt

8/24/2016

connorstrt
connorstrt
To add to what stevegreer1 said; first of i wouldn't say there are "tons of missing issues" as you list only 8 (the skybound 5th would technically count as 1 as they are a set): Also convention issues are the last to be added if ever because it takes a lot to track them all down; Secondly this is a site where members actually help to contribute with cover scans and other information and there is actually a forum section to submit missing issues and publishers so the team can add them, so emailing would be not be the best way to approach that.

your complaint about advertising is ridiculous as many paid sites have ads them and it doesn't affect the site or your use of said site at all.

Maybe take some time to explore the site and forum to understand how it works before whining about nerd rage and complaining when there are options to actually help you if you take the time understand what's in front of you instead of flying off the handle.
0 link