Comic book price guide hacked Messages in this topic - RSS

yobdab
yobdab

6/15/2016

yobdab
yobdab
yobdab
Apparently about 3-4 weeks ago this web site was hacked and passwords stolen.
I have a government clearance and was notified by our IT department that my username name and password was stolen from here and showed up in a data dump somewhere. After which I started to receive all types of unsolicited emails.
If you use your username and password from this site anywhere else best change it.
Thanks comicbookpriceguide.com for not informing everyone of your data breach.
0 link
gregbrookins
gregbrookins

6/15/2016

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I did start getting a lot of weird emails around that timeframe. All phishing, etc. I just blocked the senders and after about a week, i didn't get anymore.
0 link
aarondawe
aarondawe

6/15/2016

aarondawe
aarondawe
I know that comicbookdatabase was hacked -- are you sure it was this site that was hacked? It doesn't show up as hacked on sites that identify these issues.
Shadow (site admin- appears to have had his personal e-mail hacked -- I got some spam from his address).
Aaron
0 link
netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

6/20/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
Please contact me at shawn@comicspriceguide.com. We have no indication that our site has been breached and I'm curious where you're finding your information. We take security very seriously and would absolutely notify our memberbase if we feared they were compromised.
0 link
77yanks
77yanks

8/4/2016

77yanks
77yanks
I believe something is happening. Because when I go to website, something redirects me to some other website while looking through my collection or just browsing other comics and then I have to reload your site. Not sure if others are experiencing the same as I am.

Thanks
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

8/8/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
77yanks wrote:
I believe something is happening. Because when I go to website, something redirects me to some other website while looking through my collection or just browsing other comics and then I have to reload your site. Not sure if others are experiencing the same as I am.

Thanks

My initial (professional) opinion just based on info above, this is most likely because your computer has malware of some type. If you go to a website and are re-directed, the problem is almost always within your computer. Suggest you update/upgrade you anti-virus software.
edited by kds_comics on 8/8/2016
0 link