How long should 10,000+ comics take to download... Messages in this topic - RSS

brownjustin
brownjustin

6/12/2016

brownjustin
brownjustin
hit the little green button next to my marvel collection (10,400) to download and print from excel... and after an hour on 2 occasions the green wheel is still spinning. is the problem on my end, timing out, or just be more patient?
0 link
gregbrookins
gregbrookins

6/12/2016

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I've only got about 900 marvel books but my spreadsheet downloads in about 3 secs. Google Chrome and about 6mb/s dl speed.
0 link
stevegreer1
stevegreer1

6/15/2016

stevegreer1
stevegreer1
Where are you downloading them from? Inquiring minds want to know! I usually prefer real comic books, but I'm going out to sea soon and can't take paper copies because I have no room to store them.
0 link
gregbrookins
gregbrookins

6/15/2016

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
We were talking about downloading our database collection from this site. That being said, I have downloaded some on my phone from Marvel. Yep, there's an app for that lol. It's not bad, you can get quite a few free stories, they take up less room. You miss the experience of turning pages, but the end result is the same.
0 link
fanboy77
fanboy77

6/17/2016

fanboy77
fanboy77
Gotta a question related but not quite the same, My books span across a couple pages of publishers. Is there any way to download all of them in one shot? Doing several pages worth at 50 per page is gonna be time consuming to say the least..
0 link
gregbrookins
gregbrookins

6/17/2016

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I don't think it's possible to download all in one shot. I would download the csv for each publisher and then you can copy/paste to consolidate to one excel sheet.
0 link
fanboy77
fanboy77

6/17/2016

fanboy77
fanboy77
Thanks. smile I was hoping to be able to at least pick a bunch to download at once rather than having to do each individual publisher... It's ok just gonna take a long time. It'll give me something to do when I'm slow at work... :P
0 link