Dynamic Forces? Messages in this topic - RSS

da gooch
da gooch

5/13/2016

da gooch
da gooch
I tried to post this earlier but it didnt work.

I came across a Thor #1 DF Variant. It has a C of A and a fancy little silver sticker to seal the bag. I'm sorry to say i'm not exactly sure what Dynamic forces is all about? A brief web search helped very little. Why the Certificate and sticker? Are they important to the value of the comic.the bag and board look a little old. the comic is in great shape though. i'd like to put it in a better bag. but do'nt want to ruin the sticker if it's important.
Any enlightenment would be appreciated.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

5/13/2016

Defiant1
Defiant1
Dynamic Forces makes "Manufactured Collectibles". They go out and get comics signed or have special covers made then plaster their logo on the bag and certificate of compliance. I'm sad to say this, but I would keep it in the original crappy bag. The logo sticker that usually seals the bag and the certificate are what collectors want to see. They want it in the original packaging.
A lot of collectors avoid collecting stuff like this because of the mental dilemma they face with replacing the bag or not. Unfortunately, the only thing that really makes it interesting and desirable is the original packaging.
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

5/13/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
Dynamic Forces is an online/mail order retailer (not sure if they are still around) that published a lot of special covers as an incentive for people to buy from them. In many cases, the number of copies were limited to a set number (the C of A might have a number on it to indicate that), so they were sealed with the sticker to ensure that they were authentic. They do have some value, but in most cases, the vast majority of the copies produced were all preserved and kept unread, meaning that there is not a massive demand outpacing the supply. I have put one or two of mine in better bags, carefully removing the sticker and affixing it to the new bag (and if the bag has a special mark on it, I preserve that behind the board). I have heard that this is ok, though there are probably some that would see this as damaging the original product. I don't think there is a set rule about what to do about the additional thing included with comics, like a special polybag, but it is best to keep them with the issue, even if they are being altered.
0 link
da gooch
da gooch

5/14/2016

da gooch
da gooch
Thanks for the info. I'll probably leave it like it is.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

5/18/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
CapnDoug wrote:
Dynamic Forces is an online/mail order retailer (not sure if they are still around) that published a lot of special covers as an incentive for people to buy from them. In many cases, the number of copies were limited to a set number (the C of A might have a number on it to indicate that), so they were sealed with the sticker to ensure that they were authentic. They do have some value, but in most cases, the vast majority of the copies produced were all preserved and kept unread, meaning that there is not a massive demand outpacing the supply. I have put one or two of mine in better bags, carefully removing the sticker and affixing it to the new bag (and if the bag has a special mark on it, I preserve that behind the board). I have heard that this is ok, though there are probably some that would see this as damaging the original product. I don't think there is a set rule about what to do about the additional thing included with comics, like a special polybag, but it is best to keep them with the issue, even if they are being altered.

Yep, dynamic forces are still around. Your advice is what I do. Put book and COA in Mylar and lift sticker and adhere on Mylar. It works 9 out of 10 times.
0 link
connorstrt
connorstrt

7/11/2016

connorstrt
connorstrt
I don't agree with removing and moving the seals or stickers but you could just put another sleeve over it to protect it if that is what you are looking to do.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

7/12/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
connorstrt wrote:
I don't agree with removing and moving the seals or stickers but you could just put another sleeve over it to protect it if that is what you are looking to do.

Why not? Book is in a cheap bag, and if the book is worth something to keep in good condition why not put it in a Mylar? Putting another bag over the book that is in a cheap bag really doesn't do anything. Most collect the book, not a bag and sticker.
0 link
connorstrt
connorstrt

8/25/2016

connorstrt
connorstrt
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
connorstrt wrote:

Why not? Book is in a cheap bag, and if the book is worth something to keep in good condition why not put it in a Mylar? Putting another bag over the book that is in a cheap bag really doesn't do anything. Most collect the book, not a bag and sticker.

to be honest i have several things from dynamic forces and the bags are just fine; and if you are collecting a dynamic forces item the sticker is a seal of authenticity and if broken could/would be considered counterfeit in many circles. i have had some of them for years and the bags are in excellent condition. Putting another bag over the cheap bag it would actually be doing something; its intended purpose of protecting the contents. also with many collectibles the debate that once a seal/sticker is broken the value is lessened and many collectors and buyers believe that. Same with issues that are packaged in bags. each to their own i was just offering another alternative.
0 link