Tales of Suspense 77 Messages in this topic - RSS

HJCartman
HJCartman

5/12/2016

HJCartman
HJCartman
I need some opinions to help me with my doubt. I will be seeing Hayley Atwell and I want to have her sign a my Tales of Suspense 77 which is the first appearance Margaret Peggy Carter. Once its graded it will probably be a 6.0 comic. and really wont be worth that much. My question is should I have her sign TOS 77 or maybe a newer issue like Operation Sin #1?

For the TOS 77 I was also going to have Stan Lee sign it.

Thanks in advance.
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

5/12/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
The big thing is usually how or when the signature is taking place. If both of them are signing at an event where there is a CGC Signature Series documentation (or however it's done), then it wouldn't make a ton of difference. If, however, you are getting Hayley Atwell to sign the comic at one event, then sending it in to CGC or CBCS, you will probably be doing yourself a disservice by having her sign an older issue. If the signature is not documented, it usually gets a "qualified grade" which can turn off a lot of collectors. In that case, a more modern comic would probably be best.
0 link
HJCartman
HJCartman

5/12/2016

HJCartman
HJCartman
Thanks. She will be there with Stan Lee at the Fan Expo in Dallas.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

5/13/2016

Defiant1
Defiant1
HJCartman wrote:
Thanks. She will be there with Stan Lee at the Fan Expo in Dallas.

I would not have her sign the comic since she personally has nothing to do with the comic. That'd be like me signing the Declaration of Independence because I played George Washington in a high school play. It's your comic though, so you can do what you want.
0 link
genuinearticlecomics
genuinearticlecomics

5/16/2016

Personally, in general, I'm not a fan of signatures on comics unless ofcourse it's Jack Kirby or Steve Ditko. But that's me. If you're looking at flipping the book check eBay sold listings for her or other actors signed comics. If it's just for you to enjoy then go for it. I suspect signatures of people on comics who didn't have anything to do with the comic creatively will likely command less than if they were.
Good luck!!
0 link