What's so great about Nova? Messages in this topic - RSS

BburgDaddy-o
BburgDaddy-o

4/12/2016

BburgDaddy-o
BburgDaddy-o
The Man Called Nova. I mean, he's in IGN top 100 superheroes list, etc. Somebody fill me in on why he is key and why I would want issue #1. Thanks.
0 link
genuine_article_comics
genuine_article_comics

4/12/2016

Well, the Man Called Nova #1 is his 1st appearance, Richard Rider as Nova. Super powerful and part of the Nova Corps which I would say is Marvels version of the Green Lantern Corps (anyone can correct me or elaborate if needed). Nova is likely to appear in a future Guardians of the Galaxy film. The Nova Corps already have made a film appearance in the 1st Guardians movie.

Personally, I think the character is very cool. Check out more from the list nk below. Hope this washelpful.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nova_(Richard_Rider)
+1 link
BburgDaddy-o
BburgDaddy-o

4/14/2016

BburgDaddy-o
BburgDaddy-o
Thanks. I have a line on a pretty high-quality issue one. By the way, I did this on my phone and accidentally fat-fingered the report to moderator link! Meant to hit the acceptable answer link. Sorry!
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

4/14/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
BburgDaddy-o wrote:
Thanks. I have a line on a pretty high-quality issue one. By the way, I did this on my phone and accidentally fat-fingered the report to moderator link! Meant to hit the acceptable answer link. Sorry!

I was wondering why someone was complaining about that post. Mystery solved!

And if you can get #1 for a good price, I'd pull the trigger. Not sure if it's seen as much of a bump from the movie as it might have, so it's not like Deadpool or Apocalypse where we're pretty much at the top of the market.
0 link
stevegreer1
stevegreer1

4/15/2016

stevegreer1
stevegreer1
I just recently won an auction which contained A Man Called Nova # 7 and 22. I haven't read them yet, and neither is in the best condition (maybe 5.5 at best), but definitely good reader copies. I do agree with the above sentiment that the Nova Corps was/is Marvel's version of the Green Lantern Corp. And I highly recommend reading the Wiki article linked by G_A_C above as well.
+1 link