I'm new to this and confused - New Mutants 98 Messages in this topic - RSS

digmar2886
digmar2886

3/23/2016

digmar2886
digmar2886
Ok, someone help me here. New Mutants #98, the 1st appearance of Deadpool is listed as two values for a 9.6. The raw 9.6 is listed as $432 while the graded 9.6 is $2160. My confusion is this, you can buy a 9.6 CGC graded copy on Ebay for right around $400. So why the huge discrepancy?
0 link
gregbrookins
gregbrookins

3/23/2016

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
Not an expert, but I'd say the *value* is based on an exponential increase over raw. The market is affected by people short selling(looking for the quick buck). This will affect the value over time and gradually bring the two together in a median. IMO.
0 link
connorstrt
connorstrt

7/11/2016

connorstrt
connorstrt
it could also be that the seller is trying to move the issue and will take a lesser price to sell the book. the seller could still be making money at that price.
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

7/11/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
CPG uses algorithms for CGC pricing and they are very slow to correct them.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

7/12/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
I agree with Ox. This may be the pre Deadpool movie price. Price usually comes down after the movie is out for a while. CPG may not yet have corrected.

I suggest you always check other sources on comics over a couple of bucks. Other sides like mycomicshop.com have more trendy prices.

In the admin's defense, they are trying to keep a guide price to almost 1 million comic book issues (and every condition of those issues). So you will find obscure comics, but they are not quick to jump on trends.
0 link
deadone
deadone

7/12/2016

deadone
deadone
Oxbladder wrote:
CPG uses algorithms for CGC pricing and they are very slow to correct them.

This.
0 link