Spawn #57 - Printing error? Messages in this topic - RSS

StrafeFireRun
StrafeFireRun

3/19/2016

StrafeFireRun
StrafeFireRun
Back when I was collecting, I bought a Spawn #57 without the cover. It was just for the $2 they were going for back then, but the store owner presented it as a printing error. Now that I'm cataloging my collection, I haven't seen anything on this site referring it. I also tried Googling for any information on it. No luck.
Pretty sure it's worthless, but thought I would check and see if anyone had any information or advice.

Thanks in advance!
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

3/19/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
Usually, printing defects don't have a huge effect on condition, but a comic without a cover is usually considered to be in poor condition or incomplete. If it's in perfect condition for the rest of the book, it would still probably only get a 0.5 grade. I might be wrong, though.
0 link
stevegreer1
stevegreer1

3/21/2016

stevegreer1
stevegreer1
I certainly hope you have never given that store owner any of your business since then. Wow! Presenting a coverless comic as a printing error and charging you full price for it was petty at best.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

3/21/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
stevegreer1 wrote:
I certainly hope you have never given that store owner any of your business since then. Wow! Presenting a coverless comic as a printing error and charging you full price for it was petty at best.

Yep!
That's what called a (alarm bell ringing), moment.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

3/23/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
stevegreer1 wrote:

It's called marketing! Dishonest marketing, but none the less. Owner might have the makings of a politician.
+1 link