purchasing storage materials Messages in this topic - RSS

wire_welder
wire_welder

3/16/2016

wire_welder
wire_welder
Where should i look for the best price for storage materials? It has been years since I made any new purchases! Well I got the bug again, and prices are through the roof! Little help here?
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

3/16/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
Honestly, if you have a local store you use, it's usually best to order through them. They order supplies on a regular basis and would probably be willing to order in extra for you. I know mine gives about a 20% discount when you buy bags, boards, boxes, whatever you need, by the case and if you ask in advance, they can easily get them for you. Ordering through BCW or Bags Unlimited or something works, too, but you usually end up paying more when shipping is factored in.
0 link
wire_welder
wire_welder

3/16/2016

wire_welder
wire_welder
Prices are ridiculous compared to about 10/15 years ago!
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

3/16/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Ah! memories...
The first time i got storage boxes & boards/bags (i don't remember what year, maybe "97) was in Parramatta outside Sydney.
Think it was 6 storage boxes & 1 pack of boards/bags got more later. I had to carry them with me on the a train back to the nearest station, That was a 6 hrs ride then a 47 km car trip to home. I still have them & they are still in use.

I also get a discount on purchases from my LCS (Sydney) I need to order more storage boxes real soon Lol.
edited by Gilgandra on 3/16/2016
edited by Gilgandra on 3/16/2016
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

3/16/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
wire_welder wrote:

In fairness, the quality has also increased (along with the whole inflation being a real thing). I know that when I went to replace my bags and boards 10 years ago, I was told that you were supposed to replace your bags every 5 years. Now that has gone up and you can get away with every 10 years. Bags are the one that I saw have the biggest price increase over the last 10 years.
0 link
gregbrookins
gregbrookins

3/16/2016

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I just ordered supplies off Amazon. 200 modern bags and boards and 100 sa bags and boards for like 58 bucks I think. I have prime so shipping is free.
0 link
genuinearticlecomics
genuinearticlecomics

3/16/2016

wire_welder wrote:

Any prices compared to anything 10/15 years ago will be "ridiculous". You can't expect prices to remain the same for over a decade for anything.
+1 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

3/16/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
wire_welder wrote:

So is the price of pizza. What are you going to do?
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

3/16/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
wire_welder wrote:
Where should i look for the best price for storage materials? It has been years since I made any new purchases! Well I got the bug again, and prices are through the roof! Little help here?

I agree with Capn Doug - probably the best to buy at local comic shop. You can get better deals mail order - but only if you buy mass quantities. I do have a local used bookstore with new supplies - they are a little less expensive. You might try bookstores in your area.
0 link
spectacularstephanie
spectacularstephanie

4/27/2016

Very helpful information - thank you!
0 link