Signed Comics Messages in this topic - RSS

Ethyn711
Ethyn711

2/27/2016

Ethyn711
Ethyn711
Hey, I was just wondering if there was a way to tell the value of books that are sighed by one or several people. Depending on who it is, how many signatures, and how much it increases the value.
0 link
knparzival
knparzival

3/6/2016

knparzival
knparzival
There is no magic bullet on coming up with the value of signed books. The amount people are willing to pay depends greatly on how confident the person is regarding the signature being legit because if there is any doubt people will tend to view the signature as damage to the book which lowers the value. Also different signatures will have a different impact. Stan lees signature will tend to add at least $50 to a book, but a relatively unknown persons signature may actually reduce the value. Personally I avoid any signature that I did not get myself or has not been witnessed by cgc.
0 link
genuine_article_comics
genuine_article_comics

3/6/2016

Signatures do not automatically increase the value of a book. There is a school of thought that believe any and all writing on comics (signatures included) are a detriment. Some collectors would never purchase a signed book. Ofcourse there are others who pay a premium for signatures. I don't believe there is any established standard or guide when it comes to signatures. Many factors go into what someone will pay for a signed book. First and foremost the buyer has to believe it's authentic. Secondly, the desirability of the signature. Obviously, the book itself is important.

I'm curious as to who here at CPG thinks signatures increase or decrease the value of a comic.
edited by genuine_article_comics on 3/6/2016
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

3/6/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
genuine_article_comics wrote:
Signatures do not automatically increase the value of a book. There is a school of thought that believe any and all writing on comics (signatures included) is a detriment. Some collectors would never purchase a signed book. Ofcourse there are others who pay a premium for signatures. I don't believe there is any established standard or guide when it comes to signatures. Many factors go into what someone will pay for a signed book. First and foremost the buyer has to believe it's real. Secondly, the desirability of the signature. Obviously, the book itself is important.

I'm curious as to who here at CPG thinks signatures increase or decrease the value of a comic.

I have about 10 signed books (i love them for what they are) But... i do not actively seek them out as i simply don't like a scribble (no offence) across a beautiful cover. But their are some signatures that would not say no to Lol, Steranko, Kirby, Miller, Lee falk.

I would like to think that most signed books would have a little increase in value not much though & also for me the placement of the sig. is very important. eg: ASM #400 enhanced cover is for me a big no no.
On any inside page somewhere down the bottom is just fine IMHO.
0 link
genuine_article_comics
genuine_article_comics

3/6/2016

Gilgandra wrote:
genuine_article_comics wrote:
Signatures do not automatically increase the value of a book. There is a school of thought that believe any and all writing on comics (signatures included) is a detriment. Some collectors would never purchase a signed book. Ofcourse there are others who pay a premium for signatures. I don't believe there is any established standard or guide when it comes to signatures. Many factors go into what someone will pay for a signed book. First and foremost the buyer has to believe it's real. Secondly, the desirability of the signature. Obviously, the book itself is important.

I have about 10 signed books (i love them for what they are) But... i do not actively seek them out as i simply don't like a scribble (no offence) across a beautiful cover. But their are some signatures that would not say no to Lol, Steranko, Kirby, Miller, Lee falk.

I would like to think that most signed books would have a little increase in value not much though & also for me the placement of the sig. is very important. eg: ASM #400 enhanced cover is for me a big no no.
On any inside page somewhere down the bottom is just fine IMHO.

And I agree with you. I have a bunch signed books as well. My prized signature book is a high grade New Gods 1 signed by Jack Kirby (I'm a huge Kirby fan). Placement is important for sure. A Ditko signature would be huge!! Siegel and Shuster sigs would be huge!

Signed books can bring big $ but it all depends on the signature, the book and to a little lesser degree the location.
0 link
bobbrid7
bobbrid7

3/7/2016

bobbrid7
bobbrid7
Any comment on say Dynamic Force exclusives that are signed and in the original sleeve with the original DF seal and certificate.
0 link