Sortable Collection List? Messages in this topic - RSS

JeffGeorge
JeffGeorge

26 days ago

JeffGeorge
JeffGeorge
Is there a way to see my complete collection with sortable columns so that i can sort by value, year, etc.?
+1 link
JeffGeorge
JeffGeorge

22 days ago

JeffGeorge
JeffGeorge
Anyone? Is there any useful tool here for easily filtering and reviewing your collection? How about the ability to export the database for our collection?
edited by JeffGeorge on 4/9/2024
+1 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

22 days ago

kds_comics
kds_comics
You can download all comics from each publisher into separate spreadsheet files (csv files) (many people use MS Excel).

It is a bit clunky from there you have to manipulate the data on your own.

Long time suggestion to export all into a .csv file or make other export improvements but admins have not gotten there yet that I know of.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

22 days ago

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
JeffGeorge wrote:
Anyone? Is there any useful tool here for easily filtering and reviewing your collection? How about the ability to export the database for our collection?

do some forum searches for sorting collection (short answer for what you want to do is no), and exporting/export collection and look for Ronbatman posts in those, and you'll see what's available. If it's not on your collection dashboard or editing/sorting list, then it's not available. also check out CPG's youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3eOHtGDGIs0GGohUDuypf3TlQM2aupdo
edited by collectibleshop on 4/9/2024
0 link
JeffGeorge
JeffGeorge

20 days ago

JeffGeorge
JeffGeorge
Ugh. It sounds like I'm just paying to catalogue and value my comics without really being able to do much with that information.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

19 days ago

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Obviously we can't satisfy every want for every collector but what we provide is a great value to the comic book market.
You can see values for 1.2 million books
You can research your favorite artists or creator
You can see 400 to 500 new books added each week
You can look at theme or find something new to collect
You can catalog your collection
You can sort them by virtual boxes
You can sell books with no fees. (premium only)

You can do all this and more for about $1/week
How much do new comics cost? Bags? Boards? Grading? We are easily the best value in comics.
Ron
+1 link
JeffGeorge
JeffGeorge

19 days ago

JeffGeorge
JeffGeorge
Ronbatman wrote:
Obviously we can't satisfy every want for every collector but what we provide is a great value to the comic book market.
You can see values for 1.2 million books
You can research your favorite artists or creator
You can see 400 to 500 new books added each week
You can look at theme or find something new to collect
You can catalog your collection
You can sort them by virtual boxes
You can sell books with no fees. (premium only)

You can do all this and more for about $1/week
How much do new comics cost? Bags? Boards? Grading? We are easily the best value in comics.
Ron

Perhaps, but what good is all of that if I can't easily see what my valuable items are? If there's a way to do that, I haven't found it yet. I look at that linked video, but I can't imagine that what I'm looking for is something that no one else has wanted to do before.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

19 days ago

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
If you click on your user name in the upper right corner of the site you can choose Dashboard.
One of the many choices is to see My Top 25

This is the page it will take you to
https://comicspriceguide.com/collection/all-publishers
toggle Top information
Now you can see your top 100 issue from all publishers or break it down by publisher.
You can see your top titles, top graded titles and top graded issues.
Ron
+2 link
JeffGeorge
JeffGeorge

19 days ago

JeffGeorge
JeffGeorge
Thanks! That is actually the exact page that I would have used if I had a sortable database. My goal is to find my most valuable items, so that I can segregate them.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

14 days ago

kds_comics
kds_comics
JeffGeorge wrote:

Sorting by virtual boxes can be your best friend

You can sort all Dell Comics or all Photo covers or any other criteria you choose into virtual boxes.

You can print the contents of the box with price paid, value, etc to a PDF file.
You can copy the contents of the PDF or print file into a word processing program.

Hope this helps a little - really best sorting tool is the boxes.

KDS
0 link