RASL hardcover listed twice? Messages in this topic - RSS

BasementComics
BasementComics

3/25/2024

BasementComics
BasementComics
I have a copy of the hardcover of the RASL book and it appears to be listed twice but not sure which is actually correct.

RASL hardcover under the main title: Rasl #1 A Hard Cover Values and Pricing | Cartoon Books Comics | The Comic Price Guide (comicspriceguide.com) - no picture

RASL hardcover under "Completed Edition": Rasl (Complete Edition) #1 Hard Cover Values and Pricing | Cartoon Books Comics | The Comic Price Guide (comicspriceguide.com)

Thanks
Donald
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

3/25/2024

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
I'll be your googleberry... from what I found, there's a signed edition done in 2009 (Collectors Edition), called RASL: the Drift, and the Complete edition done in 2013.
mycomicshop: 2009 signed edition: https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=19509614
Complete ed.: https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=24747398
Comicvine concurs.
MCS says on the Drift one: "Jeff Smith's science-fiction series, RASL, is collected in this oversized hardcover edition! Featuring 112 pages of story art and 16 new pages that include concept sketches, script pages, and bonus artwork, each book also comes with a stylish ribbon bookmark.Each copy signed by RASL cartoonist Jeff Smith, the RASL: The Drift hardcover will be numbered and limited to 3,000 books. Cover price $50.00." I guess this only reprints the 1st several issues plus 16 new pages.
The Complete edition is "a 472 page hardcover in full color! Cover price $39.95."
Looks to me like the Complete edition could or should also be listed under the RASL series, with the other HC, as it reprints the same series. Boneville site only shows the Complete edition.
So I'm gonna say that CPG's listing for the Collectors Edition needs to have the S/N info added to it and maybe 'The Drift', but I don't know what the indicia calls it. PIC ATTACHED of it.
Have at it folks.
edited by collectibleshop on 3/25/2024
Attachments:
rasl-drift-hc.jpg
0 link