Comic book grade question, markings on back Messages in this topic - RSS

Andersondt
Andersondt

1/7/2024

Andersondt
Andersondt
Hello. I have an early McFarlane venom issue and my kid got ahold of it and wrote in pen on the back !!! The comic is otherwise in a 9.6 level condition. There are just pen markings, 6-10 of them all over the back cover. Does anyone have a feeling for what this does to the comic book grading score?

Thanks
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

1/7/2024

glorkar
glorkar
That sucks. At least it wasn't a retirement money book. I would say that it drops it quite a bit. I wouldn't put it higher than a 6. If it was on the front cover, it would be lower yet.
There may be a way to clean it though. Not sure it's something an amateur could do though. Someone with more experience with that will have to chime in.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

1/7/2024

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
that many pen marks would drop it to a VG. no writing allowed on fines and up. you'd need a professional to get those removed, which would get you a 'restored' label if you got it pro-graded, and unless it's ASM #300, that's probably not worth it. sorry that happened.
0 link
Andersondt
Andersondt

1/8/2024

Andersondt
Andersondt
Thank yall for the feedback! What I was sort of thinking. Guess I will have to call this one a learning lesson upset
0 link