The flood of variants and our response Messages in this topic - RSS

thunderize1
thunderize1

18 days ago

thunderize1
thunderize1
I have encountered that and I let Ron Know to change it for me to continue. or I will give him the data of what I have discovered and he sometimes finishes it in the say "whitman" category
+1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

16 days ago

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Whitman is an alternate publisher so it should be submitted under Whitman Marvel Super-Heroes.
Thanks for asking this Ben,

Ron
+1 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

14 days ago

kds_comics
kds_comics
Not to mention velvet, leather and the one with fake jewels (all from Lady Death issues)

Yeah - I did mention it. Sue me
KDS

Ronbatman wrote:
As you know the variant issue has become overwhelming. Newsstand and direct, facsimile, foil, metal, virgin, holographic, glow-in-the-dark, bioluminescent, Mark's Jewelers, B&W, store variants, artist variants, Kickstarter, naughty and nice.

We have some great admins on the site who work behind the scenes approving things, fixing things and displaying their expertise in the comic field. Lately, we have noticed that the same people's names pop up repeatedly while others have vanished. We ran some queries on the database and found some admins aren't doing anything. Today we downgraded 7 admins to regular members. We are strongly encouraging our existing admins to work on variants. They will be working through the variant submission system.

With that in mind, please do not submit variants to my email or the forum. Use our automated system so that some people aren't jumping to the front of the line by submitting on the forum. The exception is if the title or regular issue doesn't exist in our system. We cannot expect you to submit a missing variant if the regular issue isn't there.

We ask for your patience because this is a massive issue. Last week I spent 25 hours on variants and as of yesterday, we have more variants in the system than the week before. You can help by submitting the right way. Some of you submit fantastic variants for approval: great pictures, clear descriptions and selling prices. Others submit items with bad pictures, no pictures, wrong store variants, information already in the system, personal information about how old they were when they bought the book. Seriously. Please help us, help you.

Thanks
Ron
0 link