Ronbatman
Administrator

11/7/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
When you go to a title page like G.I. Joe
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/gi-joe-a-real-american-hero/smwq

You will notice that you can only see 5 issues. When you move over it a scroll bar will appear so that you can go to the bottom of the page. You will also notice that the page numbers can be seen without scrolling down. We are testing this out to see if it's easier to navigate to exactly what issue you want. Give it a day or two and let us know what you think

Ron
edited by ronbatman on 11/7/2023
+1 link
thunderize1
thunderize1

11/7/2023

thunderize1
thunderize1
So far I'm not a fan. I liked being able to see as much as possible without having to scroll.
+2 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

11/8/2023

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
I was just adding some books and thought what the...
Yeah not a fan either sorry.
+2 link
Captaindiptoad
Captaindiptoad

11/8/2023

Captaindiptoad
Captaindiptoad
Not a fan
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

11/8/2023

glorkar
glorkar
I love this.
I honestly didn't even notice the new scroll bar in the middle. I just happened to scroll my mouse wheel and the issues flew by.
I can actually see 6 at a time. Before I could see maybe 7.5. So it looks and acts the same.
It's the same amount of scrolling, but the page numbers are easier to access as they are visible the entire time. And it's nice that I don't have to scroll all the way back to the top of the page when I move to the next page.

So yeah, for me, the only difference is that I /have/ to spin the wheel in the middle of the screen instead of the edge (which I'm pretty sure I did half the time anyway).

I think the only suggestion I can make is for people that use the keyboard to navigate. Is there a way to have it where if the mouse is resting in the center part, that is the section that moves when you hit the down or up arrows (instead of the main page moving)?

+1 from me overall.
edited by glorkar on 11/8/2023
-1 link
Uvalusk
Uvalusk

11/8/2023

Uvalusk
Uvalusk
Not a fan...for me it was much easier to navigate the old way
+1 link
taz2008
taz2008

11/8/2023

taz2008
taz2008
Not a fan of it either. It was easier the old way.
+1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

11/8/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
It's looks like the response is overwhelmingly against this change so we have reverted it back.
Ron
+1 link
thunderize1
thunderize1

11/8/2023

thunderize1
thunderize1
Ronbatman wrote:
It's looks like the response is overwhelmingly against this change so we have reverted it back.
Ron

what about adding the page numbers also on top of the list as well as bottom?
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

11/8/2023

glorkar
glorkar
Bummer. I was actually really excited for this. I'm sad you rolled it back so soon.
The page links were very convenient. And it really sucks having to scroll all the way back to the top of the page for every new page upset
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

11/8/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I'm wondering if we can add the page numbers to the top of the page so that both groups are happy?
+1 link
glorkar
glorkar

11/8/2023

glorkar
glorkar
Honestly, if you could reset the screen scroll to the top when you go to another page that would be more useful than the page numbers.
That was my favorite part of the new feature.
The page numbers on the bottom isn't a huge deal to me. If I'm clicking those, it's because I'm scrolling down there to looks what issue is the last on the page anyway (with variants, you never know the true number of issues on each page).
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

11/8/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Ronbatman wrote:
I'm wondering if we can add the page numbers to the top of the page so that both groups are happy?

glokar wrote:
Honestly, if you could reset the screen scroll to the top when you go to another page that would be more useful than the page numbers

I've suggest both things more than once in the past. why not do both?

edited by collectibleshop on 11/8/2023
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

11/8/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
thunderize, have you checked your CPG messages? your submitted pics for Convergence and Darkstars need cropping to the edges for CPG standards, and the Comic Talk mag pic is not good, with the large glare area. If you don't have a scanner, it's better to grab pics (if they have them) from comics.org. lots of people lately submitting poorly cropped pics, even members with mid-level rankings. kinda given up noping some, because the submitters don't check back or know to check their Rank page for misses, and some get mad when you tell them, believe or not. someone needs to add info about cropping where people will see it before they submit, like a popup when you click the add missing scan image, cuz no one reads the post about it. and too many people verify the bad pics, so they get added. running into a LOT of poorly cropped older and newer images in the database lately, but don't know when they were added of course. and I'm not nearly as picky as ohs69grad smile

update--thunderize has replied about the pics, so he knows.
0 link
thunderize1
thunderize1

11/8/2023

thunderize1
thunderize1
collectibleshop wrote:
thunderize, have you checked your CPG messages? your submitted pics for Convergence and Darkstars need cropping to the edges for CPG standards, and the Comic Talk mag pic is not good, with the large glare area. If you don't have a scanner, it's better to grab pics (if they have them) from comics.org. lots of people lately submitting poorly cropped pics, even members with mid-level rankings. kinda given up noping some, because the submitters don't check back or know to check their Rank page for misses, and some get mad when you tell them, believe or not. someone needs to add info about cropping where people will see it before they submit, like a popup when you click the add missing scan image, cuz no one reads the post about it. and too many people verify the bad pics, so they get added. running into a LOT of poorly cropped older and newer images in the database lately, but don't know when they were added of course. and I'm not nearly as picky as ohs69grad smile

update--thunderize has replied about the pics, so he knows.

Ok so I deleted what was asked. I was recently told to have a white background boarder so that's why I have been doing that. As for the glare I now turn my desk light off to remedy this.
0 link
thunderize1
thunderize1

11/8/2023

thunderize1
thunderize1
It was LUEEGEE told me to have a white boarder verse the cropping to the boarder
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

11/9/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
thunderize1 wrote:
It was LUEEGEE told me to have a white boarder verse the cropping to the boarder

then methinks lueegee needs to have a talk with ohs69grad and other admins, cuz all I've EVER read and been told is that pics need to be cropped to the edges, like every new book CPG gets in every week.
0 link
thunderize1
thunderize1

11/9/2023

thunderize1
thunderize1
I will do whatever is required. It is the reason why I love this site so much. It has a set of standards above all other sites and includes the community. I have the email and can copy and paste if need be. I also don't want to ruffle any feathers either. My goal is to move up in rank as a starter. I also want to promote the site at cons. I live in northern San Diego so I would be able to cover any west coast cons.
+1 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

11/12/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
here's the guidelines for pics, from 2015, and some of it is out of date or ignored now it seems:
https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=5
"Covers must be:
  • 1. Cropped properly. No background showing.
  • 2. No digital camera pictures.
  • 3. No covers with URL, company watermarks or logos.--except there's been companies/stores printing their name and sometimes URL on their exclusive covers for a while now, so those are allowed.
  • 4. No covers with scanline patterns will be accepted.
  • 5. No covers scans with the comic still in the bag and board.
  • 6. No grainy or blurry scans.
  • 7. Adult covers with nudity must be edited with black boxes.--yet I see them submitted without the black boxes all the time, so is this still a rule?
The only exception to the above rules are Golden Age covers."

And Ronbatman from 2022 said:
1. Type - .jpg .png and .gif
2. Size - 5MB max limit
3. Dimensions - Less than 1.2k
edited by collectibleshop on 11/12/2023
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

12/20/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
collectibleshop wrote:
Ronbatman wrote:

glokar wrote:
Honestly, if you could reset the screen scroll to the top when you go to another page that would be more useful than the page numbers

I've suggest both things more than once in the past. why not do both?

any progress on one or both things?
0 link