issue with search redirecting to King Kong? Messages in this topic - RSS

Thegreathojo
Thegreathojo

10/20/2023

Thegreathojo
Thegreathojo
Is anyone else having the same issue? I reviewed the forums and didn't see any mention so thought I would post (sorry if I missed an existing thread!)

I have tried multiple titles, multiple browsers, clearing history and multiple devices but whenever I search a series and click on the volume to see the individual issues it redirects me to King Kong Volume 1, 1991.

Latest example is:

SEARCH COMICS [main toolbar] "Red Sonja"
*click on result* RED SONJA 2005-2013 • Volume 1 • Dynamite Entertainment • USA • 61,584 Searches •
redirects me to the attached screen shot.

It also doesn't matter if doing a direct search or if trying to get to a series through a specific issue - they all end at King Kong :|

Thank you for any insight or assistance!

Attachments:
att1.jpg
0 link
Plutar
Plutar

10/21/2023

Plutar
Plutar
I'm having the same problem but it seems like a site-wide outage. Seems like most of the links to comics are broken. Clicking an individual issue takes you to a thief of thieves issue 1. Searches for punisher 3 and wolverine 3 and clicking on the title direct me to either king kong or thief of thieves. Doesn't matter what I search or if I try to find an issue manually by going through site sales and clicking on any title. It kind of makes the whole site not work. I've tried private/incognito windows on firefox and chrome on macos and I also have tried it with and without a vpn.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

10/23/2023

glorkar
glorkar
This is the reply from Ronbatman from a little over a year ago to the same question:

"This happens when one of our alert systems is triggered. When someone is using our site with some type of scraping device or some script the Kong kicks in. Sometimes users don't know what they can do and what they cannot do with our data. In our terms of use, you cannot use a computer-generated search, build a script that downloads our data, or scraps data. My guess is that you were using some type of computer searching since scrappers don't want us to know their names.

This is obviously a serious issue for us since rivals are always trying to steal our data to catch up. If you feel like this was in error we can temporarily override it. But if it happens a second time, your account and IP will be permanently banned from the site.
Ron"
edited by glorkar on 10/23/2023
0 link
Plutar
Plutar

10/24/2023

Plutar
Plutar
glorkar wrote:
This is the reply from Ronbatman from a little over a year ago to the same question:

"This happens when one of our alert systems is triggered. When someone is using our site with some type of scraping device or some script the Kong kicks in. Sometimes users don't know what they can do and what they cannot do with our data. In our terms of use, you cannot use a computer-generated search, build a script that downloads our data, or scraps data. My guess is that you were using some type of computer searching since scrappers don't want us to know their names.

This is obviously a serious issue for us since rivals are always trying to steal our data to catch up. If you feel like this was in error we can temporarily override it. But if it happens a second time, your account and IP will be permanently banned from the site.
Ron"
edited by glorkar on 10/23/2023

that's so strange. So somebody messing with the site like that breaks the whole site for everybody?
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

10/24/2023

glorkar
glorkar
Plutar wrote:

that's so strange. So somebody messing with the site like that breaks the whole site for everybody?

Not for everyone. Just for the individuals that got flagged. The site is still working perfectly for everyone else.

If you aren't using any software other than a web browser, I would suggest reaching out to Ronbatman and explain your situation. Looks like if it's legit, they can unlock your account to be able to search, but if you get flagged again, you're done forever.
edited by glorkar on 10/24/2023
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

10/24/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
If we think someone is using a bot to scrape data for any reason, we watch their account. If we can visually confirm it, then we ban them to one of our "this makes us laugh" titles. Everyone else operates as normal and the offending party gets to see King Kong or Thief of Thieves or ?

If that doesn't stop the offending party, we will contact our legal counsel for a more serious interaction. It's honestly ridiculous how often our competitors try to steal data from us. We have set up a few fake titles and issues and then gone to a competitor and seen them. When we literally made them up.

If you feel like our automated system and our programmer made a mistake please contact me directly.
Ron
0 link