Points? Messages in this topic - RSS

thunderize1
thunderize1

10/14/2023

thunderize1
thunderize1
My son was helping me with some verification data last night and he saw the points awarded. He asked me how many do we have and I can not seem to find it. Can someone please tell me how to find it? Also how does the points system work?
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

10/14/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
this post/thread should explain it: https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=12862

In the upper right corner when logged in, click on your user name for the drop down menu, and click My Rank and it will go to your rank/level info, and show you your 'hits' and 'misses' and last 10 pending verifications list. Missed ones will need to be deleted and tried again. If you don't know already, you can delete data submissions by going to https://comicspriceguide.com/verify-data , under whatever tab, and find the publisher name in the drop down menu, click that, then click the comic title you need to correct, and then you'll see a trashcan icon to the right of the entries of your submissions that only you can use. Click the trashcan icon, then click Continue in the popup box. Then you can go back to the CPG listing of the book and submit the correct info.
'Points/Level/Rank' are the same thing, so that 4 you see by your name on the stuff you do on the verify list is your points/rank.

edited by collectibleshop on 10/14/2023
0 link
thunderize1
thunderize1

10/14/2023

thunderize1
thunderize1
Yes I did know that but a total points earned is what the kids were wondering and how much to level up as my daughter just said lol.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

10/14/2023

BasementComics
BasementComics
I asked Ron about this some time ago. To put it in perspective, I got to level 6 in 8/2019, level 7 1/2021 and level 8 9/2023. And this is with submitting and approving all the time. I'm not sure there is a way to track it.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

10/15/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
to be clear, you don't get points/credit for approving submissions, only for submitting things that do get approved.--oops, not right, so corrected in my next post.--- Takes a LOT of submitting info to get past level 7, and then it's a climb to get to 9. I didn't keep track of how long it took to get to 9 for me, but I wasn't doing much data submission for a long time till a couple/3 years ago maybe, but did a ton since then. Easiest to do is cover prices. There is no way to 'track' your points as Ron said in that thread, it's all done by the computer algorithm, so just have to wait until you see your level number change.
edited by collectibleshop on 10/15/2023
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

10/15/2023

BasementComics
BasementComics
I thought you did get points for approving. When I am approving/verifying someone's submission, it does tell me I get 8 points.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

10/15/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
BasementComics wrote:
I thought you did get points for approving. When I am approving/verifying someone's submission, it does tell me I get 8 points.

well it looks like I stand partially corrected. After reading Ron's post again, it does say, "For any piece of data to be approved some member or admin has to give it 10 points...The more things you approve the higher your ranking. To approve a specific creator for a book a member who is a 1, a 5 and a 4 could approve it because that is 10 points. Or a 1 and a 9 could approve it. You get the idea."
I was always under the impression that only the submissions count towards your ranking, not approvals, but seems that's wrong. However, the points noted when you approve only go to the 'vote' for the submission, not to your account. I had asked about that a while back, as it was confusing to me too. The algorithm decides your level based on the number of subs and approvals, but YOU don't get 8 points for each. It just adds your level 8 value to the submitter's value to reach at least 10 points for the submission to be approved. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair to lower level people if they only got 3 points and a higher person gets 8 points for the same info or click for approval. Perhaps some more info on the Verification page would help....

0 link