Carrying Cover and Pieta Covers Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

6/20/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We have started two new themes, carrying covers and Pieta covers.

How we define them.
Carrying Cover - one person standing or flying while carrying another person.

https://comicspriceguide.com/themes/carrying-covers/pl

Pieta Covers - one person kneeling while holding another person.

https://comicspriceguide.com/themes/pieta-covers/pm

Excluded from either theme. Someone throwing someone else. Multiple people carrying one person like a funeral.

We need your suggestions. What covers can you think of that are carrying or pieta covers?

Ron
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

6/21/2023

kds_comics
kds_comics

edited by kds_comics on 6/21/2023
+1 link
glorkar
glorkar

6/22/2023

glorkar
glorkar
Are you planning any other themes to add? I'm having a lot of fun digging around. It's been a bit like a treasure hunt smile

Some suggestions:
Action Figure, Pride, Woman's History, Black History, AAPI, 3-D, Bondage, Statue of Liberty?

I think I'd be most excited for the last three.
+1 link
glorkar
glorkar

6/23/2023

glorkar
glorkar
I agree that they are different. Maybe something like "Passenger" and specify that it isn't in a vehicle? Or "Air Carrying"?
+1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

6/26/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Ok, so I need to revise some of the theme descriptions but here are the basics.

Pieta Covers - The hero is kneeling while holding or cradling someone who is injured or dead.
Carrying Covers - The hero is standing while holding someone who is injured, dead or in need of help.
Along for the Ride Covers - The hero is swinging or flying while holding someone.

What do you all think?
+1 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

7/17/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
glorkar wrote:
collectibleshop wrote:
so this thread has seemed to die out, but I see many more themes have been added to the themes list. Thought Glokar was going to keep this going in the database thread, but not so far.

Sorry about that. Things got a little busy at work. Then I got distracted with some other hobbies. I'll have to see what I can do this week.

I see you started a bunch now, so cool. I'll pop in and add some now and then when I'm bored.
Note to admins: One thing to help keep them all together vs getting all scattered about all the time---maybe making a pinned thread/topic (like 'Add Theme issues here') or better, a separate forum for them under the Price Guide Research section would be appropriate and more organized, as this could get to be a huge amount of comic pics. would save people scrolling past more posts they may not care about in the Database forum too.

Adding some tips like 'please check the themes list for ones already listed, https://comicspriceguide.com/themes , ' and some guidelines like Ron posted in his Announcement post. helps save time and duplicate posts. have at it folks..
+1 link