Carrying Cover and Pieta Covers Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

6/22/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I added American Gothic covers today. (42 so far)

We are discussing several options
Nighthawks covers (diner)
Santa
Patriotic or flag based
Bondage
Cornered against a wall
Spanking
Nazi
Riding Missiles
Good girl
Mona Lisa
Statue of Liberty
etc.

The problem. I enjoy doing these as well but my time cannot be solely used for this. I've already devoted 3 full days to this because I sent the newsletter about it. We want to provide good quality information instead of just milking customers for more cash. If you read our newsletter you can see that we don't often sell our services, we provide value or prizes. If I talk about something in the newsletter, I want it to be helpful, fun or informative. Based on that, I think today is the last day I'm going to work on this for a few days. I'll jump back in next week.
Ron
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

6/22/2023

glorkar
glorkar
I totally get it. I'm sure single issues aren't much on their own, but groups of books can add up pretty quick.
I really am having fun though.
If it's alright with you, I'd like to make topics for each theme in the database forum and keep adding to the lists (with no time expectation for them being added).
If nothing else, the posts themselves will be neat to look at.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

6/22/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Sure, have fun.
Ron
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

6/23/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I need a little creative thought today, maybe you can help.

So, the original idea for a carrying cover was related to the imagery of Crisis on Infinite Earths 7. Two hands holding someone while standing on the ground. As I've gone along I noticed that Superman, Batman and Spider-man carry people all the time while flying or swinging. I think that's a different theme somehow. What would you call that theme?

Think Amazing Fantasy 15 cover or Detective 27 cover or the hundreds of Superman covers with him flying someone around

Please give me your ideas for a good name
Ron
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

6/23/2023

glorkar
glorkar
I agree that they are different. Maybe something like "Passenger" and specify that it isn't in a vehicle? Or "Air Carrying"?
+1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

6/26/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Ok, so I need to revise some of the theme descriptions but here are the basics.

Pieta Covers - The hero is kneeling while holding or cradling someone who is injured or dead.
Carrying Covers - The hero is standing while holding someone who is injured, dead or in need of help.
Along for the Ride Covers - The hero is swinging or flying while holding someone.

What do you all think?
+1 link
shavagonew
shavagonew

6/26/2023

shavagonew
shavagonew
Sounds good to me. It distinctively differentiates between the three themes so those who are looking for Crisis #7 type covers won't be looking through a million images of Supes flying through the air with Lois in his arms. I'm all for the update!

-Shane
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

7/11/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
so this thread has seemed to die out, but I see many more themes have been added to the themes list. Thought Glokar was going to keep this going in the database thread, but not so far.

so a few quick ones if they're still being added:

American Flag:
Uh, how is it the most obvious title has none in this theme? American Flagg! Vol 1: https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/american-flagg/unyy . Depending on how much flag you need to qualify, there's #1, #2 maybe, 12 and 50. If it's any kind of depiction, then the title logo has it for 50 issues, same with vol. 2 (now spelled Amerikan, and with an odd capital S after Chaykin): https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/howard-chaykins-amerikan-flagg/uoqr

and Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #13

More American Flagg with other themes:
Carrying:
#5:

maybe #6, or Along for the Ride?

Vol 1 has a few more iffy carrying ones too, will let an admin scroll thru and decide.

Along for the ride:
(vol 2) #4:

Kissing:
#26:

maybe #24 too, hard to tell if she's conscious or not, despite the hands around his head. https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/american-flagg/24/phvuiw

Vol 2 #6 Kissing:

Thru the legs:
American Flagg #46

that's it for now...
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

7/12/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I've gone through all the issues you mentioned and both American Flagg series. Some of these require a little opinion like issue 6. Is she kissing him? Is he accepting the kiss? This is a process and not a single instance so on we go.
Ron
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

7/17/2023

glorkar
glorkar
collectibleshop wrote:
so this thread has seemed to die out, but I see many more themes have been added to the themes list. Thought Glokar was going to keep this going in the database thread, but not so far.

Sorry about that. Things got a little busy at work. Then I got distracted with some other hobbies. I'll have to see what I can do this week.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

7/17/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
glorkar wrote:
collectibleshop wrote:

Sorry about that. Things got a little busy at work. Then I got distracted with some other hobbies. I'll have to see what I can do this week.

I see you started a bunch now, so cool. I'll pop in and add some now and then when I'm bored.
Note to admins: One thing to help keep them all together vs getting all scattered about all the time---maybe making a pinned thread/topic (like 'Add Theme issues here') or better, a separate forum for them under the Price Guide Research section would be appropriate and more organized, as this could get to be a huge amount of comic pics. would save people scrolling past more posts they may not care about in the Database forum too.

Adding some tips like 'please check the themes list for ones already listed, https://comicspriceguide.com/themes , ' and some guidelines like Ron posted in his Announcement post. helps save time and duplicate posts. have at it folks..
+1 link
glorkar
glorkar

7/17/2023

glorkar
glorkar
collectibleshop wrote:

Note to admins: One thing to help keep them all together vs getting all scattered about all the time... or better, a separate forum for them under the Price Guide Research section would be appropriate and more organized.
Adding some tips like 'please check the themes list for ones already listed, https://comicspriceguide.com/themes , ' and some guidelines like Ron posted in his Announcement post. helps save time and duplicate posts. have at it folks..

I think that would be a fantastic idea. I'll be honest, I'll probably work on it in waves. I get really motivated for a hot second, then completely lose interest for while. Then I come back at it with a vengeance, lol.
0 link