SPIDER-MAN 2 (FCBD 2023) #1 Messages in this topic - RSS

taskmaster
taskmaster

5/8/2023

taskmaster
taskmaster
First of all is this a FCBD book? I never saw it

And I am pointing out that the hoods REAL first Appearance is in The Hood #1 from July 2002

This is like a typo and mislabeled
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

5/8/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
yes, it was an FCBD book, as per bleedingcool etc: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/runescape-free-comic-book-day-2023-20-on-ebay-spider-man-2-is-35/ . "The Spider-Man 2 #1 comic from Marvel and Sony, part of the Marvel Gamerverse with the first appearance of The Hood was spottily distributed to comic stores at the last minute, leaving many stores and customers bereft. Which is why it has sold for $35 already, despite being free in comic book stores yesterday."

Marvel's site calls the Hood a new supervillain too. Blurb from Marvel's FCBD page on the plot: "On top of all that, there’s a new gang in town, and they appear to be using…magic? Our heroes work together to track down and confront members of this gang, using their super powers to uncover the gang’s leader: The Hood! This new Super Villain appears to have supernatural abilities that defy mere webs and fists. While Miles, Peter, and MJ attempt to balance their responsibilities to the city, and each other, they keep coming back to one of the main themes of this action-packed issue: is magic real?"
so not sure if it's the same The Hood from the 2002 series, although both say he has supernatural/magical powers. dunno if his name is Parker Robbins in the FCBD issue. 2002 was forever ago in the world of 'let's change everything and start over again' the comic companies have been doing, so maybe Marvel considers this 'new Hood' the new Hood for the current universe. time will tell.
edited by collectibleshop on 5/8/2023
edited by collectibleshop on 5/8/2023
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

5/8/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I read the FCBD issue and his name is Parker Davis Robbins. His grandmother called him his full name. Maybe that's where the difference lies, in the middle name or a junior.

We saw lists prior to FCBD and none of them included Spider-man 2. I was surprised to see it in my local comic shop and picked it up.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

5/8/2023

taskmaster
taskmaster
Ronbatman wrote:
I read the FCBD issue and his name is Parker Davis Robbins. His grandmother called him his full name. Maybe that's where the difference lies, in the middle name or a junior.

We saw lists prior to FCBD and none of them included Spider-man 2. I was surprised to see it in my local comic shop and picked it up.

So will this affect The Hood #1 as well since technically it is the first appearance
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

5/8/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
What you want is an immediate answer and there isn't one.

Marvel is saying it's a "new Super villain" even though someone else wore this moniker before. Is it the same person? Maybe? Is it a new person as Marvel states? Maybe? The story will tell us what we need to know to make the appropriate changes. If it's the same person we will remove the "1st Appearance" information when we know for sure.
0 link