General Knowledge about the forums Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

5/8/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
From time to time people ask questions about what kinds of things they can and cannot post on our forums. I would like to clarify so that no one is surprised or unsure. If you have specific questions I'll be happy to answer.

In the Comic Auctions area you are free to put a link to your auctions. That can be an Ebay, ComicLink, Heritage, Instagram or Facebook Marketplace link. Ideally you would sell on our site but we want to support your auctions. Don't spam the forum with 27 post for 27 auctions. 1 or 2 posts with your links is enough.

If you post a link to one of our many competitors we will delete it. There are several reasons for this. Within Google Algorithm, sites are judged by the quality links coming into them. If we allow their link to remain that helps them in the search engine. If you want to put our links on their sites, that's fine with me. smile I'm guessing that they have similar guidelines though.

Spam links will be deleted as soon as we see them.

Lively discussions are welcomed. Name calling, antagonistic behavior and inappropriate behavior will receive a warning and if continued will be removed. Our goal is create a great environment for collectors to respectfully discuss the hobby they love. Remember the old saying, no one wins in an online fight.

Variant submissions should be done within our system and not posted on the forums. Many of our admins never look at the forum and only look at the variant submissions. With that said, I will try to add them from the forum but that's our philosophy to be helpful and not the correct way.

Newbies are treated with patience. This can be difficult when they ask a question that has been asked 437 times but we were all new at one time. Along our journey many people have helped us understand the hobby better. We want to be that for the next generation.

If general, be kind, be helpful. Remember that we are discussing comic books and not life and death situations.

I hope that helps,
Ron
+1 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

5/8/2023

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I know we try not to name names. But is there any sort of list somewhere, or maybe a 1 time post, that tells us who it is you consider your competitors?
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

5/8/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Xvipah73 wrote:
I know we try not to name names. But is there any sort of list somewhere, or maybe a 1 time post, that tells us who it is you consider your competitors?

no list, but see this post from 2021: https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic16156-information-about-the-forum.aspx#post33486
0 link