Image Comics Messages in this topic - RSS

Nnelgrepooc
Nnelgrepooc

5/1/2023

Nnelgrepooc
Nnelgrepooc
Why are Image comics not very collectible? I loved every one and collected a bunch in the 90s but now they just seem blah on forums and value. Anyone know something I don't about them?
edited by nnelgrepooc on 5/1/2023
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

5/1/2023

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
They published millions of them. smile Supply and demand.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

5/2/2023

glorkar
glorkar
If I'm being honest with myself, I prefer Image to Marvel and DC. There is a lot more diversity and variety in their books. I think other media (TV and film) tend to promote Marvel and DC because they have characters that more people know. It's not worth their investment in something that /may/ have a more limited audience.
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

5/2/2023

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I think current Image is very very collectible. From Walking Dead, to all the Spawn(s), etc...

But 90's Image was just overpublished. Like rixmaxx said, they put out millions of issues, just oversaturation.
+1 link
thunderize1
thunderize1

7/28/2023

thunderize1
thunderize1
The oversaturation print run is unbelievable. I have so many extra copies of early image books that I no longer compare possible grade upgrades to my collection. I just set it aside in the future dollar bin sales. I was even contemplating creating a short box with the entire runs of everything and putting them on the market.
0 link
Sosa71
Sosa71

8/21/2023

Sosa71
Sosa71
there are alot of great image titles . right now wildcats are hot because of the new wildcats series and collectors are looking for the 90s wildcats is a good example, also the foil covers are doing good on ebay
0 link