About the Cover to X-Factor #1 (1991) Messages in this topic - RSS

Khoskinssa
Khoskinssa

3/6/2023

Khoskinssa
Khoskinssa
I'm getting ready to sell my set of X-Factor #1's (all 5 trading cards) when I noticed what looks like a scratch on the cover. It looks like a printing defect because the line is perfectly straight and IDENTICAL on all five copies. Is this going to pose a problem for me trying to sell them? I can't be the only one with covers that look like this; right?

At first I thought it was something on the plastic it's sealed in, but that scratch/line is identical on all 5 of my copies.
TIA!
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

3/6/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
That's X-FORCE, not X-Factor smile

a good place to check for that kind of stuff is e***, and use the zoom feature on ones that have good pics. I found several with the scratch, and ones without. So it's a production thing, and likely many have it (like the scratch on Predator #1), but I'd guess that ones without it get a bit higher prices, so you may need to adjust downward a bit, but be sure the mention the scratch of course. good luck with them.
+1 link
Khoskinssa
Khoskinssa

3/6/2023

Khoskinssa
Khoskinssa
collectibleshop wrote:
That's X-FORCE, not X-Factor smile

HA! Right there in my face, and I still typed the wrong name. 🤦🏾‍♂️
I made sure to mention the scratch/line in the eBay listing.
0 link
lokyel
lokyel

3/7/2023

lokyel
lokyel
This issue came with either regular Captain America logo box (black on white, Positive) or with (white on black, Negative) Captain America on the direct edition
or was it a newwstand edition? all of ours are direct and they do not have the line on the cover.
0 link
Khoskinssa
Khoskinssa

3/7/2023

Khoskinssa
Khoskinssa
lokyel wrote:
This issue came with either regular Captain America logo box (black on white, Positive) or with (white on black, Negative) Captain America on the direct edition
or was it a newwstand edition? all of ours are direct and they do not have the line on the cover.

Hmmm... Mine are all direct with the negative Captain America logo. I wonder how (un)common this defect is.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

3/7/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Khoskinssa wrote:
lokyel wrote:
This issue came with either regular Captain America logo box (black on white, Positive) or with (white on black, Negative) Captain America on the direct edition or was it a newsstand edition? all of ours are direct and they do not have the line on the cover.

Hmmm... Mine are all direct with the negative Captain America logo. I wonder how (un)common this defect is.

I'd guess it's pretty common. About 5 million copies were printed, so even a small percentage having that scratch would still mean many are out there. I was collecting then, and I don't recall if my copies had it or if anyone really noticed it back then, but based on the small sample I looked at on e***, I think it's fairly common. I tried some google searches, with 'scratch' and 'line' on the cover for that issue, but didn't come up with anything helpful. you could do a search on the CGC forums and maybe find a thread on it, if you have time to kill and go thru too many search results.
edited by collectibleshop on 3/7/2023
+1 link