Concerning Secret Wars #8 Messages in this topic - RSS

Khoskinssa
Khoskinssa

2/28/2023

Khoskinssa
Khoskinssa
Does anyone have insight they're willing to share about why this issue is SO valuable? I know it's the first appearance of the Symbiote, but still.
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

2/28/2023

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
That's why. Origin of the symbiote.
+2 link
Khoskinssa
Khoskinssa

2/28/2023

Khoskinssa
Khoskinssa
Xvipah73 wrote:
That's why. Origin of the symbiote.

Nuff' said. Thx!
+1 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

3/1/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
just to tweak the answer more, it's a 'triple threat'--origin of the black costume/symbiote, 1st IN CONTINUITY app of the black costume (story takes place before ASM 252 but 252 was published first), and of course the symbiote becomes Venom and then part of it creates Carnage. The Venom part is what drove it to new heights after the new black costume frenzy died down some, then the Venom movies boosted it way more.
+3 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

3/2/2023

kds_comics
kds_comics
collectibleshop wrote:
just to tweak the answer more, it's a 'triple threat'--origin of the black costume/symbiote, 1st IN CONTINUITY app of the black costume (story takes place before ASM 252 but 252 was published first), and of course the symbiote becomes Venom and then part of it creates Carnage. The Venom part is what drove it to new heights after the new black costume frenzy died down some, then the Venom movies boosted it way more.

Well said.Plus people want it. Drives the price up.
0 link
lokyel
lokyel

3/2/2023

lokyel
lokyel
and the next venom movie is in the works
0 link
rgtichy
rgtichy

3/5/2023

rgtichy
rgtichy
collectibleshop wrote:

Well said.Plus people want it. Drives the price up.

For those of us with the history, it's pretty hard to fathom, isn't it? "Secret Wars" was really a pretty terrible storyline.

Now, we may or may not watch mediocre movies be made and drive the demand up even higher.

I watched New Mutants last month... sort of on par with the Venom movie, but it's not having a similar effect on early New Mutants books, I don't think.
0 link