ASM Canadian Price Variants Messages in this topic - RSS

Jobber145
Jobber145

2/5/2023

Jobber145
Jobber145
I would like to add certain issues of The Amazing Spider-Man that are Canadian price variants to my collection, but I'm having a hard time finding them. I can only see newstand and direct editions. Could someone please tell me where to look? Thanks in advance.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

2/6/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
You can submit scans using the 'report missing variant' button under the Variants tab for them to add.

this is how: Get a good square-on scan, .jpg format preferred, cropped to the edges of the comic. If you can't, then find them on the net, with no watermarks, no signatures, no pro-graded ones, and try to make sure they're a published version, not a pre-production pic (like a Previews solicitation often is), as those get changed in production all the time. Best to resize them if you can to about 350-400px wide, but CPG can do that too. You can probably find some pics of them on comics.org you can copy and use to submit them here and save yourself some work (those don't need resizing). Use the "Report Missing Variant" function found in the listings for individual books. You must be logged in to do this.

Navigate to the specific book that is missing a variant.
Select the 'Variants' tab found next to 'Values'.
You should see a red box titled "Report Missing Variants" on the right side below any listed variants.
Clicking the box will bring up a page where you can upload the pic and enter information specific to the variant you are reporting (not all is required). This includes what it's called, price, artist, publication date, etc. This makes it much faster for the admins to process the request.

Or you can try using the Canada choice on the search form's Country listing, and this is what you get for Vol.1 1982-1986, #233-279: https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/amazing-spider-man-the/pkrsht .

if you don't see the ones you need, then post the issue numbers and which years/volume you're looking for, since there's lots of volumes of this title. then people can track down missing newsstand covers and submit them too.
edited by collectibleshop on 2/9/2023
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

2/9/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
When you are looking for foreign variants of a title there are two ways to find it easily.
Do a search for Amazing Spider-man with the default settings. Click on the correct volume for that title.
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/amazing-spider-man-the/siww

Just below the title there is a light orange area with alternate publisher. For Spider-man that includes Whitman, UK, Canadian and Australia.

Or you can search by country to find the correct title.
Ron
0 link