The state of comics and Comics Price Guide Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/30/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Each year I like to give a general report about the industry and site so here is the 2022 review.

2022 was a reset year for the industry. The hype that enveloped the end of 2020 and 2021 gave way to more reasonable values in 2022. This is a healthier market as the new comic values try to find a balance between fear and optimism. We are still seeing some books go up while others are declining which is a sustainable market, unlike the previous year. The influx of new collectors has slowed but knowledge is increasing. As the community learns more about the hobby which we love, there is a leveling out of some of the outlier comic book values.

For Comics Price Guide we set records for free members, paying members, the number of price updates, the number of cover scans, and the number of UPCs. We are almost at 1.2 million books in our database, about double the next closest competitor. Thank you to our members, admins, and staff for making this our best year yet! That's 4 years in a row of big increases!

This year we added several new features or pages.
1. We added UPC and ISBN numbers to the search field
2. We added a key issue filter which makes looking up key comics easier.
3. We added a free evaluation if you want to sell your collection in partnership with Quality Comix.
4. We added the comic type to the search field to help members find annuals and king-sized issues faster.
5. We launched the new dashboard with everything in a single place. Plus we added 5 new collection graphs and a hot and cold list.

In the future, we are going to be moving much faster than ever before. We have been working on our data speed, new functionality, and expanding our offerings. One of the big changes we are working on will transform the market. No joke. Get ready for the copycats to try and emulate what we have planned. For now, that's about all I can tell you but be on the lookout for emails from us.
Thanks,
Ron Cloer
edited by ronbatman on 1/30/2023
+9 link
marcer
marcer

2/6/2023

marcer
marcer
All sounds good. Keep up the good work!
+1 link
Blooms
Blooms

2/8/2023

Blooms
Blooms
Thanks for the update.
+1 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

2/18/2023

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
Updates are awesome! I hadn't been on in a while and realized I needed to at least login and renew my membership. This site has been the best site for trying to get my books organized. I've been slacking but it sounds and looks like you guys have not. Keep up the great work!
+2 link
drsettleton
drsettleton

2/22/2023

drsettleton
drsettleton
I'm a bit biased but this is clearly the best site for longtime collectors and future longtime collectors. Keep up the great work.
+1 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

3/2/2023

kds_comics
kds_comics
Great job. Keep up the good work. You are retaining loyal customers like me with constant improvements.

Not sure how far in the future but if I could connect a bar code reader to my CPG inventory I would be in business. Save me a ton of time after Comics and Toys shows.

Business class rate perhaps? Thanks
+1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

3/2/2023

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Someone recently contacted me and said Comics Price Guide has the best comic book community he has seen. It's not filled with negativity and trolls.

All of your comments prove what he said is true. Thank you all.
Ron
+2 link