New Features for Comics Price Guide Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

12/16/2022

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
On Monday, December 19th we will be launching our new dashboard. Some of the features will be exclusive to paying members but right now it's fully open. The point of this change is to combine everything on a single page making it easier to do everything on the site. We wanted to make the page highly visual since this is a visual medium. The virtual boxes are animated just for fun. The watch list is expanded to include hot and cold books. https://comicspriceguide.com/dashboard/

If you have your collection in our system go to our new graphs page. You will be able to see your collection value, publisher percentages, Issues added per day, your collection by grade, and your collection by age. https://comicspriceguide.com/graphs/

There are interactive things on most of the graphs so that you can remove graded or raw issues, zoom in on issues added per day, etc.

I hope you enjoy this preview if you aren't a paying member. Maybe you could think about joining.
Ron
edited by ronbatman on 12/16/2022
+6 link
mykellee
mykellee

12/16/2022

mykellee
mykellee
Thank you for these upgrades and additions. It shows you care and that is appreciated.

I am liking the graphs, espcially the collections by grade and age, very useful. Also the current publishers. All these help me at this stage of my collecting and organizing.

On the Dashboard, I had to play with the screen size to get some of items to display properly. I really like the Boxes showing the number of issues and values all on one page, hower it only shows 5 boxes, I have 31. It would be nice to see all these on one page with this information. It would help me better organize my issues in preparaton for selling, grading, basically moving them around between boxes.

With a larger screen size the boxes overlap the left menu column and hide the Gains and Drops icon. On the right side the 5th box disapears under the New Comics window. I had to reduce the screen to get everything to play nice. But then I really need my glasses to read the info.

Overall, the look is fun and intuitative. I will enjoy using many of the new features.

Thank you again!
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

12/16/2022

BasementComics
BasementComics
These are great enhancements. Thanks Ron.
+2 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

12/18/2022

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Nice to see, thanks Ron.
+1 link
WaveWarrior
WaveWarrior

12/21/2022

WaveWarrior
WaveWarrior
Excellent … thanks!
+1 link
trashman
trashman

12/21/2022

trashman
trashman
Nothing is coming up for me on the graphs page. I tried using both chrome and firefox and nothing. Do I need to change some setting to get it to work?
+1 link
universal soldiers
universal soldiers

12/21/2022

trashman wrote:
Nothing is coming up for me on the graphs page. I tried using both chrome and firefox and nothing. Do I need to change some setting to get it to work?

I was just coming to report the same issue. I am seeing a JavaScript error on the page

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier 's' (at (index):881:953)
0 link
bneely
bneely
Administrator

12/21/2022

bneely
bneely
Administrator
universal soldiers wrote:
trashman wrote:

I was just coming to report the same issue. I am seeing a JavaScript error on the page

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier 's' (at (index):881:953)

I will start looking at this problem.
0 link
bneely
bneely
Administrator

12/21/2022

bneely
bneely
Administrator
Ok, should be good to go now. Please let me know if this is not the case.
+1 link
trashman
trashman

12/22/2022

trashman
trashman
All good now, thank you.
0 link
ruk
ruk

12/22/2022

ruk
ruk
took me forever to figure out but I am old so it is not your fault
it is quite good
I have a zillion comics to import to list and the graphs are fun.
does the graph go back beyond Dec. 2022?
0 link
ruk
ruk

12/22/2022

ruk
ruk
also on the graph- I am showing zero Platinum books
-but I have a few from 1934 and that vintage-
is it too small a number to show on graph?

or is platinum even earlier?
that wd be strange as comics started around then.
a few came earlier but they really were not true comic books
I can send references ....................
0 link
universal soldiers
universal soldiers

12/22/2022

bneely wrote:
Ok, should be good to go now. Please let me know if this is not the case.

working for me now. Thanks!
0 link