The Phantom Comics Messages in this topic - RSS

Sai1977
Sai1977

11/26/2022

Sai1977
Sai1977
Hi. My name is Stuart and I live in Australia. I'm potentially wanting to sell ~130 The Phantom Comics on behalf of my Dad. The comics are in very good/excellent condition and range from being produced/sold from 1981 through to 2017. Given my complete unfamiliarity in the comic book space, any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

11/27/2022

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Hi,
those probably aren't worth much, so selling to a local store would be the fastest, but probably the least money.
you can ask member Gilgandra, he was/is an admin (kinda retired from the admin biz) and in Australia and might know some dealers or stores there. Message him thru his profile page, https://comicspriceguide.com/members/gilgandra (there's a 'message me' button on the right side, for desktop version at least).

try some google searches (or whatever one you like) for 'comics for sale in australia' (and try 'comic books' too), and 'comic books wanted in australia/buying comics in australia' and even 'the phantom comics by (publisher name) for sale in australia' to see what people there are asking for them, to get an idea of value. there's also the aussie version of e*ay to check sold prices, but you need to know how to grade too. CPG has a grading guide at https://comicspriceguide.com/comic-book-grading , and there's others on the net. also try searching for stores/dealers in your city/area, and possibly The Phantom fan clubs/forums in Aus. to find other collectors.

generally 'newer' comics like these sell for very little if not Near Mint or a hot character. Value also depends on if those are originals or reprints, as Australian publishers do lots of reprints. CPG may or may not have values for those, you'll need to look them up if you haven't and see.

have fun, it's a process that takes some time.
0 link