Thor Love and Thunder Messages in this topic - RSS

glorkar
glorkar

9/12/2022

glorkar
glorkar
Finally got a chance to watch this this weekend. I was pretty disappointed, tbh. There just wasn't much plot. And was it just me, or was Thor dumber than usual? I mean, he's always been a bit of an airhead, but it seemed like they really played it up this time around.
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

9/12/2022

BasementComics
BasementComics
I too was disappointed. It was worth seeing free and at home. I would not have been happy if I paid to see it in a theater.
+1 link
CaptGrelden
CaptGrelden

9/18/2022

CaptGrelden
CaptGrelden
It's all in how you approach it

Remember when Thor rode off on Stormbreaker?

That's because it's what Korg imagined when Thor talked about missing Mjolnir and throwing it to travel. The comment about never skipping leg day has a similar part in that same battle

"Skate Mates for life!"

It's a story by Korg remember? That's why it was silly. It was like a mini-series between two really good runs
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

9/19/2022

BasementComics
BasementComics
Makes more sense when you put it that way.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

9/20/2022

glorkar
glorkar
I honestly totally forgot about the intro with Korg and that he was telling a story. Does kind of make one look at things differently.
+1 link
ladybug5753iey
ladybug5753iey

1/10/2023

ladybug5753iey
ladybug5753iey
i watched it at Skywalker Ranch before it was in theaters, so I got to see it before any "reviews". That helped me enjoy it because of the experience and the audio there was amazing! My 2nd viewing at home was a little less enthusiastic, haha!
0 link
sclingerman
sclingerman

1/15/2023

sclingerman
sclingerman
Each Thor movie gets more and more corny. This one seemed like it was a Spaceballs parody of a Thor movie. Will the next one be like watching The Three Stooges?
+1 link
rgtichy
rgtichy

1/25/2023

rgtichy
rgtichy
I wouldn't give Taika Waititi another chance at a Marvel movie.

As much fun as Ragnarok was, his lack of any level of "longtime fan respect" makes him too willing to just drop garbage on stuff we love.

Sometimes, we love stuff too much, and he can poke at that and I would be okay with it, but coming at Thor with a total lack of interest seemed pretty evident to me.

And, I would also say that I am not deadset against what they may have written earlier in the planning stages of Love and Thunder. A look at the mindset of a being as powerful as Thor to love someone weaker, even dying. And, a look at the mentality of someone facing death due to infirmity to be extremely willing to do almost anything to keep on living/existing.

But, if they thought of all that, then what happened was they copped out and went all jokey because it was "too hard" to try at that?
+1 link
tarn kronos
tarn kronos

2/24/2023

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
For me it was like watching two or three movies thrown into one....One movie was all about the god butcher and I really loved all of that part...and another part was Jane taking the hammer storyline and that was not very good comic for me, not just ok-ish...Then throw in a bunch of agenda fluff and when I add it up I was really disappointed. My Thor books really took a hit due to Disney taking another great storyline and Re-imagining for failure. Remember Starwars? not a terrible movie, but not good either...again this is just my take.
0 link