Issue with uploading Cover Scans Messages in this topic - RSS

Xvipah73
Xvipah73

8/9/2022

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
HI,

So, it's actually not an issue with the uploading so much as an issue with cover scans I do upload just disappearing.

I don't get any misses like they are wrong somehow. I also don't get any hits like they approved; and they are not showing in the issues descriptions. I upload them, they show in the covers tab of the data verification section, and then suddenly they're gone. This has happened before but I just kept uploading things until it worked. But now it seems less like a glitch and more like a real problem?

The 2 issues in particular this time are:
Vampirella Strikes #2B (https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/vampirella-strikes/2B/phwynur)
Vampirella / Dracula: Unholy #6B (https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/vampirella-dracula-unholy/6B/phwyjvt)

In both cases I've uploaded the cover at least 2 times and both times they have just disappeared. I know they're the right covers, I own them. And I know they are scanned/cropped well, and like I said I haven't gotten any misses from them. Any ideas?
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

8/9/2022

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Just to eliminate this part of the equation. There are a couple of things that could cause this.
1. Type - Our system only accepts .jpg .png and .gif
2. Size - 5MB max limit - 2 or 3MB is better
3. Dimensions - Less than 1.2k
4. A possible programming issue on our side that would require attention.
Can you check your variables first and let me know?
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

8/9/2022

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
So the ones I was uploading were .jpg's

They were much smaller than that though, like in the 200k range. So I scanned them in at a higher resolution to see if maybe they were just plain too small or something and I've tried again.

If that's not it though, then the rest of the variables should be being met.
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

8/10/2022

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
So I don't know if someone just jumped on them quickly or if the problem was actually that the originals were too small, but they've now been approved and are in place on the issues.

Weird.

Regardless, thanks for following up!
0 link