Is there a market for lower graded comics? Messages in this topic - RSS

Dabeav519
Dabeav519

8/8/2022

Dabeav519
Dabeav519
While I have a few interesting titles/issues, I would dare say they are not in better than average condition. Some still in paper subscription delivery covers, most loose in box. Is there any market for those ya think? Mostly from mid-80s and older (Secret Wars I and II, Web of Spiderman, Spect. Spiderman, Amazing SM, Infinity Gauntlet series, Marvel Universe Handbooks, GI Joe).

Thanks in advance!
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

8/8/2022

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
There's definitely a market for expensive/key books in lower condition. People who want to own say, Secret Wars #8 without paying $100+ for it.

There's also a market for reader comics, people who might want to read all of Infinity Wars w/out messing up a NM copy. But the market is pretty selective. In other words, finding the right people/places/prices to get people to buy can be harder to do. I tend to list lots of books for $1-$2/per on eBay of lower graded issues, as long as they connect to one another in some way people will usually buy them. Sometimes it does take a while though.

Also another way to sell off books is to just do random lots of 25 (or whatever number). Usually you price them around $.50/per, so maybe $25 at 15'ish+shipping (I usually do $21 w/"free shipping")
0 link
Dabeav519
Dabeav519

8/8/2022

Dabeav519
Dabeav519
Thanks for the bundling idea, I appreciate the quick feedback!
0 link
Gladvlad
Gladvlad

9/18/2022

Gladvlad
Gladvlad
There is definitely a market for mid 80s and before books. Lots of key Marvel books came out during that time. Not very many people have the budget to spend on a very high grade copy so lower grades sell very well.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

9/19/2022

kds_comics
kds_comics
Dabeav519 wrote:
While I have a few interesting titles/issues, I would dare say they are not in better than average condition. Some still in paper subscription delivery covers, most loose in box. Is there any market for those ya think? Mostly from mid-80s and older (Secret Wars I and II, Web of Spiderman, Spect. Spiderman, Amazing SM, Infinity Gauntlet series, Marvel Universe Handbooks, GI Joe).

Thanks in advance!

There is a market for below average comics from mid 1980s and older. Many want just to read the story. In my experience they go for $1 to $5 depending on condition, series and issue. Not going to get rich off these comics for the most part.
+1 link

9/21/2022

I think folks who recognize some of the key issues in there would be more than happy to take them off your hands- at a lower price of course. And I agree with KDS; you could probably sell these in stacks of 10 or so to folks who just want to read them. I would fall into that category just for the ads alone.
0 link
Finley2020
Finley2020

9/21/2022

Finley2020
Finley2020
I think folks who recognize some of the key issues in there would be more than happy to take them off your hands- at a lower price of course. And I agree with KDS; you could probably sell these in stacks of 10 or so to folks who just want to read them. I would fall into that category just for the ads alone.
0 link