Polybag Issues Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

7/12/2022

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We've received some variant requests for polybag issues that have been unbagged. I'd like to share our policy on it. We do not provide pricing for incomplete issues. For example, if a book is supposed to have tattooz and doesn't, we will not be making a new listing for the incomplete version. For polybag comics we will provide pricing on

Polybag issues - raw will have values, graded have zero values. Third-party graders like CBCS and CGC don't grade issues with a polybag on them.
Separate listing for Opened issues - Raw and Graded will have values as long as they are complete.

This isn't a change in our current policy, just letting everyone know.
Thanks,
Ron
edited by ronbatman on 7/18/2022
+3 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

7/12/2022

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Books shouldn't be kept in the polybags, they are detrimental to the books. Besides that, its next to impossible to see the damage (i.e., spine ticks, bends...) inside the bag. I know many people who believe that if a book is still in the polybag, it must be a 9.4, totally not true. smile
edited by RIXMAXX on 7/12/2022
+1 link
claydwilli
claydwilli

7/13/2022

claydwilli
claydwilli
Agree on the bags not being good for the comics. Just to put out there what I do incase it helps others. I always take them out of the bag (carefully) and put in a storage bag and board. If there's something in the bad (a card or poster or something) I put that in the storage bag on the other side of the board (not touching the comic) and then I fold the bag in half and put it in there too (again on the other side of the board) this is my way of satisfying my completionist tendency, but keeping the comic in good shape. If I'm going to send it off for grading, I just hold on the extra stuff in a bag/board of it's own.

maybe I'm alone in this, but I sure wish they would stop with the bags, and 10 different covers for each book.
+1 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

7/13/2022

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Yea. I learned that lesson a few years ago when I found my Ultimate Fallout #4 in the box and it was still in its polybag. Because of that polybag it's never graded above a 9.4 (and I've tried pressing, etc.. multiple times)

So now all books come out of polybags as soon as I get them so they don't get any of those lines, etc...
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

7/14/2022

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I know this is a tangent from the original topic but we had the same struggle with polybags leaving lines on the back of the book where the plastic overlaps. I tried traditional pressing, over and over again and they remained. We tried with aluminum plates and were able to remove the lines. It is possible to get the lines out. FYI
Ron
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

7/14/2022

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Ronbatman wrote:
I know this is a tangent from the original topic but we had the same struggle with polybags leaving lines on the back of the book where the plastic overlaps. I tried traditional pressing, over and over again and they remained. We tried with aluminum plates and were able to remove the lines. It is possible to get the lines out. FYI
Ron

Good to know. smile
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

7/27/2022

kds_comics
kds_comics
rixmaxx wrote:
Books shouldn't be kept in the polybags, they are detrimental to the books. Besides that, its next to impossible to see the damage (i.e., spine ticks, bends...) inside the bag. I know many people who believe that if a book is still in the polybag, it must be a 9.4, totally not true. smile
edited by RIXMAXX on 7/12/2022

Agree - there is no way to grade a book in a polyboag. Plus it just sits and decomposes in the bag as the ink fumes eats the paper.
0 link