gloves off?! Messages in this topic - RSS

bratevaro
bratevaro

6/18/2022

bratevaro
bratevaro
So I sent in TMNT #1,2,3,4 AND they were in almost perfect condition and they were also signed . I got 2700 dollars for them and I feel like I was screwed! I see them on here for thousands of dollars. I guess there is nothing I can do now but I am very upset and angry. It was a once in a lifetime find and I screwed up!@
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

7/4/2022

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
A bulk sale like that never gets close to selling each singly. You agreed to a price and screwed yourself.
0 link

7/10/2022

If #1 was a first print, then yes, you gave the books away.

2, 3 and 4 are nothing too insane, still in the 4 digits if truly in NM-MT condition, but #1 first print reached unbelievably insane levels last December.

A 9.8 NM graded copy of #1 1st print in Dec 2021 for $230,555.00

Whoever spent that much is crazy as it's not really that rare of a book with 31 9.8's in the CGC census and 100's more in 9.6, 9.4 and 9.2.

IANAL, but unfortunately, unless there was some sort of written or verbal arrangement with regard to who was coming up with the fair market value of the books prior to sale, there's probably very little you can do

If it's a case where you as the seller were completely ignorant about the value of the asset, and had arranged in writing or verbally for the interested buyer to present an offer based on their assessment of fair market value, and they deliberately undervalued the books, and you can demonstrate that, then you might have grounds to sue and have a small chance at recovery. Small, because they could counterclaim you figured out how to find the values yourself by looking them up on a site like this after the fact, and that any reasonable person would have done at least that much due diligence when considering someone's offer.

If you aren't sure if your #1 was a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd print (they're pretty much identical). It might just help you sleep a lot better at night to think it was a 3rd print, which would make $2700 for those 4 books a pretty good deal on your end for raw/ungraded copies.
0 link