WHAT NOT PRICING ON COMICS Messages in this topic - RSS

Sosa71
Sosa71

6/2/2022

Sosa71
Sosa71
What up comic addicts . with What Not becoming a major player in selling comics . will there be a way to record the completed prices on books? is this even possible? will CPG address this ?
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

6/2/2022

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Sosa,
Whatnot is difficult because they have no structure in place. Sellers commonly sell things like Comic lot #1 which doesn't mean anything to a price guide. We have spoken with the person over comic sales at Whatnot. He was receptive but they are still rapidly changing. Until they add some type of structure or platform for organizing books, we cannot sort through the millions of "slab #1" or "silver age comic" listings.

Ron
+1 link
Sosa71
Sosa71

6/5/2022

Sosa71
Sosa71
I figured something like that was going on since whatnot is new . I can suggest that what not sellers who maybe CPG members can submit their sold list to the database as long as the what not seller is documenting the book on their sales invoice . ive been following what not and it is truly a fluid marketplace for comics .
0 link
Bobby Brutus
Bobby Brutus

8/4/2022

Bobby Brutus
Bobby Brutus
This doesn’t apply across the board but I feel like using whatnot sales in FMV would cause an artificial dip in most books.

When I buy, I know the average eBay sold prices on every book I’m considering. I generally won’t keep bidding once an item hits around 20% of eBay comps since that is usually the break even threshold after costs and fees. I might lower the threshold if it’s a book I plan to keep but I rarely pay at comps or over. Again not a blanket statement, but it seems I’m not alone in my buying strategy.

Yeah other platforms deviate lower than eBay, but it’s reasonable when their fees are 10% lower. Sellers can afford to sell under comps. Whatnot is 11% compared to eBay’s 13%.
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

8/4/2022

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Sosa71 wrote:
What up comic addicts . with What Not becoming a major player in selling comics . will there be a way to record the completed prices on books? is this even possible? will CPG address this ?

I don't think that would be possible. smile
0 link