Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Vol 1 6 Messages in this topic - RSS

glorkar
glorkar

4/26/2022

glorkar
glorkar
This book is blowing up. It was just announced that Bad Bunny will be playing El Muerto (Juan-Carlos) in the next Spider-Man spin-off movie.
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Vol 1 6 is the first appearance of the character.
Time to scour those back issue bins. As of right now, it's at least a $50 book. Most active listings are over $100.

https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/friendly-neighborhood-spider-man/6/ubtsiy
edited by glorkar on 4/27/2022
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

4/27/2022

glorkar
glorkar
Heh. For the heck of it I popped down to my LCS after work to see if they had a copy. I figured if they did they would already have it marked up. But wouldn't you know it? Flip through the back issues and there it sits with it's fantastic price sticker of $3! The guy at the register was a little surprised to see it. Mentioned how it's one of those books that nobody cared about until yesterday. He said they even "looked in back" and didn't see that they had one. Guess they should have tried the most obvious place first smile
Now the real question is whether I should try selling it now or wait until closer to the movie release...
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

4/29/2022

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man 6 and 7 are insane right now. We changed the price 2 days ago to $35 which was accurate and now it's at $90. Please be careful with a book like this. This kind of volatility can be dangerous especially if it drops as rapidly.

If you have this book for sale, stay alert to the ever-changing value.
Ron
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/30/2022

taskmaster
taskmaster
Ronbatman wrote:
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man 6 and 7 are insane right now. We changed the price 2 days ago to $35 which was accurate and now it's at $90. Please be careful with a book like this. This kind of volatility can be dangerous especially if it drops as rapidly.

If you have this book for sale, stay alert to the ever-changing value.
Ron

I really don't understand certain books when other first appearances made more of an impact and were more relevant by actually being on tv and or movie or a story in the books.

Perception is what runs this hobby now...or when a "hot" book used to be on a "watch" that it may go up it already does so it defeats the purpose of a book to "watch"
0 link