Jewelers inserts - value? Messages in this topic - RSS

Vandymark40
Vandymark40

2/24/2022

Vandymark40
Vandymark40
Hey, CPG community. I just received a nice mid-grade copy of Amazing Adventures 11 (1st furry Beast), and to my surprise there was a National Diamond Sales insert in the middle of the book that I wasn't expecting.

What's your take on what this insert does to the value of this book, if anything? It's hard to find any hard and fast guidelines or advice online, and so I was just curious how folks on here typically handle these inserts.

I did some quick, rough comparisons of prices on mycomicshop.com, and it looks like they might give jewelers inserts a 40-50% bump in price, but that's based on a very quick scan and probably not very reliable.

Thanks!
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

2/24/2022

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
They were in Marvel and Archie Comics shortly before the Mark Jeweler inserts started. (early 70's) Value bumps should be comparable. smile
0 link
Vandymark40
Vandymark40

2/24/2022

Vandymark40
Vandymark40
rixmaxx wrote:
Value bumps should be comparable.

Thanks! Any ideas on what those value bumps typically would be?
0 link

2/24/2022

as well as the mark jewelers the national diamond sales were only sold on military bases only.
here is a good list of books with them in it.

Military Insert Mania (awe4one.com)
collector if you have time double check the list and if they are missing can you or someone else have them added. I would but lack of time.
there are links to a good article on the mark jewelers as well from that page.
0 link
lokyel
lokyel

2/24/2022

lokyel
lokyel
that was me I got logged out.

as well as the mark jewelers the national diamond sales were only sold on military bases only.
here is a good list of books with them in it.

Military Insert Mania (awe4one.com)
collector if you have time double check the list and if they are missing can you or someone else have them added. I would but lack of time.
there are links to a good article on the mark jewelers as well from that page.
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

3/2/2022

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Vandymark40 wrote:
rixmaxx wrote:
Value bumps should be comparable.

Thanks! Any ideas on what those value bumps typically would be?

Typically, 15 - 20% , depends on the book. smile
+1 link