Hawkeye on Disney Plus - NO SPOILERS Messages in this topic - RSS

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

12/15/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We started watching Hawkeye last night and finished all 4 episodes. Oops. I really thought it was 6 episodes so we kept going. Anyway...

I recommend it.

Here's why
It feels like a less violent version of Logan. It's not groundbreaking but it is action-filled and enjoyable to watch. There are a few fun trick arrows, no preachy agendas, and a good dose of Kevin Feige connecting with previous events.

I think you'll like it.
Ron
+1 link
glorkar
glorkar

12/15/2021

glorkar
glorkar
I've seen the first three episodes. I really enjoy it too. None of the out there stuff like Wandavision or Loki. Just good old action.

Didn't know much about Kate before this either. She's a privileged rich kid who decides to save the world by shooting arrows. Feels familiar somehow *cough* Oliver Queen *cough*.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

12/15/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
ha, ha, yeah I didn't think of Oliver but it does fit.

Kate's origin scene is significantly different than Oliver's. I'm talking about the moments before she decides to take up archery. (still no spoilers)
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

12/15/2021

Defiant1
Defiant1
I'm not a fan of the characters, but I'm enjoying it much much more than Wandavision or Loki.
The only Disney+ show I've liked prior to Hawkeye was Falcon & the Winter Soldier, and I wasn't really wild about it.

I'm assuming we've got an introduction for some characters in Hawkeye that might be forgotten by many.

I perked up when I heard the name Greer and Kate's future step-dad appears to be a character with a long history in the comics.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

12/22/2021

glorkar
glorkar
Just watched the last episode. I think I enjoyed this one the most. The fight scenes were a lot of fun. All in all, it was a good way to end things too.
I was a bit disappointed with the end credit scene though. I was hoping for the usual "what? no way!" sort of thing. Not... that.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

12/22/2021

Defiant1
Defiant1
glorkar wrote:
Just watched the last episode. I think I enjoyed this one the most. The fight scenes were a lot of fun. All in all, it was a good way to end things too.
I was a bit disappointed with the end credit scene though. I was hoping for the usual "what? no way!" sort of thing. Not... that.

I just watched episode 6. I liked the whole series even though I'm not a big fan of the characters.

I'd have liked to have seen Jack in costume. I thought a certain Marvel Netlix superhero was going to make a cameo, but they didn't do that.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

12/22/2021

glorkar
glorkar
Huh. Didn't realize he was an actual character (Swordsman). Maybe we'll see him don the garb in something in the future along with his former partner (I'm guessing that's the cameo you were hoping for).
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

12/22/2021

Defiant1
Defiant1
glorkar wrote:
Huh. Didn't realize he was an actual character (Swordsman). Maybe we'll see him don the garb in something in the future along with his former partner (I'm guessing that's the cameo you were hoping for).

I'm just making an assumption about Jack.

I was hoping to see the guy that fought Kingpen in the past.
0 link