Casper Response Thread Messages in this topic - RSS

Casper0312
Casper0312

1/14/2022

Casper0312
Casper0312
Thanks for the gentle reminder. I haven’t forgotten these two and took a break for them for a bit to help catch up on some of the other variant submissions. I’m going to pick these back up in a Cpl days. The WCA one I may need to enlist the help of some of the experts on here because I am almost out of leads.

I aready have the updated variant submission so we’re good for now. No need to resubmit.
0 link
Ewfthompson
Ewfthompson

1/14/2022

Ewfthompson
Ewfthompson
Appreciate it. I'll try the scan. Never been inclined to put my books in a scanner, but sounds like that's the way to go!
Will use the missing variant link and hold tight.
Thanks!
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

1/14/2022

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Ewfthompson wrote:
Appreciate it. I'll try the scan. Never been inclined to put my books in a scanner, but sounds like that's the way to go!
Will use the missing variant link and hold tight.
Thanks!

well, a scan won't hurt it, and it's not worth anything anyway. resizing the scan is the other important part.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

1/14/2022

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Casper0312 wrote:
Thanks for the gentle reminder. I haven’t forgotten these two and took a break for them for a bit to help catch up on some of the other variant submissions. I’m going to pick these back up in a Cpl days. The WCA one I may need to enlist the help of some of the experts on here because I am almost out of leads.

I already have the updated variant submission so we’re good for now. No need to resubmit.

I'll suggest you or someone who's a member of the CGC forums post in their copper age comics forum ( https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/37-copper-age-comic-books/ ) and ask about the WCA ann 2 (include a pic of course). There's collectors there who have nearly everything or know about most variants, be it UPC boxes or cover art etc.. I tried some more searches and google image searches, but only find the newsstand, year of the reader, or a blank/black box version, which I'm not sure was published or was a pre-publication version. I was wondering if it maybe came in one of those repackaged multi-packs later on, lots of times they have 'exclusive' UPC boxes for some reason, but you'd think there'd be a pic somewhere by now. Haven't tried searching something like '1987 captain america upc box' to see what others may have that and give a clue as to how rare they are or how they were distributed. will leave that to others, got other stuff to do. good luck casper..
0 link